Do you love to make homemade pizza? Tomato Pesto Pizza might become your new favorite topping combination!
Tomato Pesto Pizza is an easy vegetarian pizza with fresh tomato slices, mozzarella and feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, pesto and toasted pine nuts.
I do love pizza. Do you? More and more I find myself trying to come up with unique and tasty pizza creations, yet I always come to back to the basics with a tomato pie.
Tomato Pesto Pie uses three different types of tomatoes, along with two cheeses, fresh spinach, toasted pine nuts and a cool pesto finish.
For the crust, make your own or opt for a premade store bought version. I personally love Stonefire flatbreads. They are packaged with the intention to be frozen, so I can buy a handful, freeze them and use them for a quick, weeknight meal.
If I’m using a fresh dough, having a pizza stone is a must! I also find having a bread peel to be very useful. If you don’t, you can always use a flat baking sheet or flip over a rimmed sheet pan. Clearly, fresh dough won’t do so well when placed directly onto the rack.
Also, using a low moisture mozzarella will prevent excess water making your crust soggy, but still make your pizza super cheesy!
These same toppings can be used for calzones, French bread pizzas or even on pasta. Three types of tomatoes and several greens really make a mouthwatering flavor bomb.
If you like this homemade pizza recipe, you’ll love these others:
If you liked this Easy Dinner Recipe, snag a copy of my Easy Dinner Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, here is a small collection of time-saving, hearty and satisfying dinners guaranteed to get you in and out in 30 minutes or less!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. If you using fresh dough and pizza stone, preheat pizza stone in the oven.
- Arrange crust, flatbread or dough on work space.
- Evenly spread marinara sauce over crust, top with mozzarella cheese, spinach, feat, sun dried tomatoes and roma tomato slices.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned.
- Remove and top with dollops of pesto and sprinkle with pine nuts. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!