You know you want some… Grilled Corn Salad. The essence of summer.
Grilled Corn Salad uses grilled corn, heirloom tomatoes, cucumber and red onion in a zesty homemade dressing. It will be your favorite summer salad!
While I love traveling and experiencing new foods, I’m not a lady of leisure and can’t spend my days jet setting. Instead, I experience some of the recipes I’d love to taste via the “Reader’s Favorite Restaurant Recipes” section of Bon Appetit magazine.
Last year I tore out Grilled Hanger Steak with Cucumber Salad from Jujube in North Carolina. I came across it again while throwing a dinner party and decided that I could use the salad portion and ditch the steak. Something I rarely say… I love steak!
The original Grilled Corn Salad only calls for cool cucumbers and red onion and adds the crunch and salt of peanuts, but for my purposes, I omitted them. Instead adding tomatoes and charred farmers market corn. All the elements of summer in one bowl.
Grilled Corn Salad has the traditional tang of vinegar, but two special ingredients. A bit of sweet and heat from chili sauce and acidity from lime. Everyone loves it, but no one can ever guess the ingredients!
This summer salad is ideal for cookouts and as a side dish to grilled dishes like Grilled Lemon Chicken. It is an easy make ahead side dish recipe.
If you like our Grilled Corn Salad, you’ll like these other easy side dish recipes:
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cups heirloom tomatoes stems removed and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 ears of corn charred on the grill, kernels removed
- 1 cucumber halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro coarsely torn
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours, but up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, drain excess marinade and serve cold.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!