Chickpea recipes are a great option if you want a quick and healthy salad. In just under 20 minutes, you can be chowing down on this chickpea salad!
This Chickpea Salad is full of flavor from mushrooms, lemon and truffle oil. The perfect side dish for any meal and ready in only 20 minutes!
Looking for a new and interesting side dish to tantalize your taste buds? I’ve got one for you developed from my slight obsession with chickpeas. Chickpeas are essentially hummus- like Harissa Hummus or Chipotle Hummus– are great tossed into salads and also served as its own side dish!
Inspired by a local restaurant, I’ve adapted Chickpeas and Oyster Mushrooms with White Truffle Oil to be just as decadent and flavorful, but with simpler ingredients.
A couple of things to keep in mind when making this delicious chickpea recipe:
1. Use cast iron, it will suck up excess liquid from the mushrooms, preventing you from ending up with chickpea soup.
2. Lemon juice and white truffle oil are too be added last to prevent them from cooking off and allowing them to retain their own robust flavors, complementing each other nicely.
3. Oyster mushrooms have a lot of crevices. I rinse them and then blot with a paper towel to prevent them from getting mushy. They also have fun shapes and textures, adding sophistication to your meal. Now you are ready to go!
If you liked this chickpea salad, be sure to check out these other easy recipes:
- 3.5 ounces oyster mushrooms , roughly chopped
- 30 ounces chickpeas (2 cans) , drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley , chopped
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup red onion , thinly sliced
- Juice of one lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons white truffle oil
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oyster mushrooms. Stir and cook until they have reduced by half in size, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, toss, but do not stir and risk breaking.
- Add parsley last and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Lightly season with fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add thinly sliced red onion, lemon juice and truffle oil.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!