This cherry fluff without pineapple or coconut is a take on the classic recipe for this vintage dessert. It omits the pineapple, nuts, and coconut, placing the spotlight on the sweet cherries embedded in the airy fluff.
While this easy recipe is a great no-bake summer dessert, since it uses cherry pie filling you can actually make it all year round. Whether you’re going to an outdoor party or a potluck dinner, this is the perfect recipe to throw together quickly.
Why You’ll Love Cherry Fluff Without Pineapple
There are so many reasons to love this great dessert.
- Different From The Classic – This version of cherry fluff avoids nuts, so there’s no worry about that allergen. Also, without the pineapple and the coconut, the cherry flavor can shine through.
- Super Simple – You can whip this easy no-bake recipe up in one single bowl (and even store it in the same container) making for hassle-free prep and cleanup. It also only takes a matter of minutes to mix the ingredients together.
- Affordable and Convenient – There are only 4 ingredients that are typically fairly inexpensive, so you can have a light, airy, sweet dessert to serve without breaking the bank. Bonus: Everything should be easy to find at your local grocery store.
- Great For Lots of Occasions – Similar to a classic Pistachio Salad, This simple dessert is a great side dish to take to cookouts and casual family gatherings in the summer months — it’s an ideal light dessert on a hot summer night. But it’s also the perfect dessert for a special occasion like Mother’s Day or a baby shower, and its pink color also makes it ideal for Valentine’s Day.
What are Luxardo Cherries?
Luxardo is a brand of jarred, candied marasca cherries. They are often used in cocktails or other high-end food preparations.
They are still considered a variety of maraschino cherries, but their dark color and complex flavor profile set them apart from the typical maraschino cherries you might see at the grocery store.
Can I Use Regular Maraschino Cherries?
Yes, you can use regular maraschino cherries for garnish. They may be easier to find than Luxardo cherries (and certainly cheaper!) since you can get them at most grocery stores.
With only a handful of ingredients, this easy cherry fluff recipe couldn’t be easier to make.
- Cool Whip – You can use this brand or any other similar option. Be sure to thaw it before mixing the other ingredients into it.
- Cherry Pie Filling – You can use a store-bought filling or make your own homemade cherry pie filling.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – This sweet milk is super creamy and gives the fluff its luxurious texture.
- Mini Marshmallows – These tiny marshmallows add a bit of sweetness and texture to the fluff.
How to Make Cherry Fluff
With just a few simple ingredients, you can make cherry fluff in a snap.
- Cool Whip, pie filling and condensed milk. Add the Cool Whip, cherry pie filling, and sweetened condensed milk to a large mixing bowl.
- Fold ingredients together. Using a rubber spatula, fold the ingredients together.
- Add marshmallows. Add the mini marshmallows and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Garnish. When ready to serve, garnish with cherries and mini marshmallows.
What to Serve with Cherry Fluff Without Pineapple
You can top your cherry fluff with crushed nuts or fresh berries or serve it with fruit salad. Or dip vanilla wafers or graham crackers into it or crumble them over top. Consider serving several marshmallow salad recipes together for a fluff bar.
Check out some of these suggestions to make this cherry fluff recipe your own.
- Classic-Style – Add in crushed pineapple or pineapple chunks, nuts, and coconut for a classic cherry fluff version.
- Pie Filling Flavors – Use blueberry, peach, or blackberry pie fillings instead of the cherry (or use a mix)
- Fewer Calories – To lower the calories in this dessert, try using lite Cool Whip. If you opt to use coconut, use the unsweetened version.
- Cream Cheese, Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt – Mix in any of these for a tangy version.
Storage and Freezing
This easy fluffy treat can be stored in the fridge or freezer.
Make Ahead: This is a perfect make-ahead recipe. Make the fluff ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Refrigerator: Store cherry fluff in an airtight container or its original serving bowl covered in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freezer: Place fluff in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 4 months. Thaw completely before serving.
Common Questions About Cherry Fluff Without Pineapple
There are many different versions of fruit fluff though most of them contain some form of whipped topping. Some versions call for canned fruit while others incorporate vanilla pudding mix or jello powder.
You do not have to use store-bought Cool Whip for this cherry fluff, you can make and use your own.
Cherry fluff is best served cold. Heating cherry fluff will cause it to lose its airy texture and will melt the ingredients.
More Sweet Cherry-Based Desserts
Cherry Fluff without Pineapple Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, fold together the Cool Whip, cherry pie filling and sweetened condensed milk.
- Fold in mini marshmallows.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish with maraschino cherries and/or mini marshmallows.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or star ratings.