You know what I dream about? Biscuits. Delicious cheesy garlicky biscuits. Cheddar Bay Biscuits from Red Lobster to be exact.
These copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits are so easy to make you will make them for dinner every night if given the chance! They are cheesy, garlicky, and super soft.
Man alive Red Lobster got it right when they made Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Something about the spices, the cheese, and all of the herbs thrown in was one heck of a glorious combination.
There was a time when I would go to Red Lobster just to get some biscuits. True story. Ok, and maybe the Lobster Crab Alfredo.
That all changed when I made this recipe. Delicious Copycat Cheddar Bay Red Lobster Biscuits are so easy to make you will be making them for dinner more often than you would think. I won’t lie, I’ve totally made them several nights in a row.
They are also the same as Ruby Tuesday cheddar biscuits. Did you know that? I guess you can’t go wrong with a good thing.
Realistically, Hubby and I only make it to Red Lobster once a year. He loves the all-you-can-eat-shrimp fest, but the only things I crave are Ceasar salad and Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Oh, buttery, warm, delicious biscuits.
I always ask for a second basket and then squirrel them away to take home. It sounds crazy, but they are perfect for breakfast sandwiches.
So why can’t I make these at home? I can! I can!
This recipe is similar to my herb and cheese biscuits. All I needed to do was just swap out some of the ingredients. I made them but I wanted to be sure I was close to the real thing.
So I went to the store and bought the official Red Lobster sanctioned Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix at the store. The official taste test was not just me, but hubby and some friends.
The results? I and our friends, like this recipe better! And I am really and truly not just saying that.
The best part is, I can make them whatever size I want. A little smaller, a little bigger, whatever I need them to be.
Sometimes I want giant, other times I want bite-sized. And sometimes I even add a little extra cheese because who doesn’t like more cheese? No one!
Serve these warm alongside your favorite protein, as a side to your favorite soup, or follow in my footsteps and serve them alongside a caesar salad. Any way you do it, you can’t go wrong.
Also, check out my other CopyCat Recipes:
- Texas Roadhouse Rolls
- Texas Roadhouse Honey Cinnamon Butter
- Carrabba’s Italian Bread Dip
- Peter Luger Steak Sauce
- Fogo de Chao Brazilian Cheese Puff Bread
- Orange Julius
- Japanese Ginger Dressing
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- In-N-Out Burger Animal Style Fries
Copycat Cheddar Bay Red Lobster Biscuit Recipe
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine Bisquick, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and shredded cheddar cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Stir dry ingredients well.
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter, cold and diced into cubes, and skim milk to dry mixture. Using a biscuit cutter or a large fork, mash all ingredients together to form a sticky dough. To fully combine the cold butter the mashing (not stirring) is necessary.
- Spoon biscuit dough onto cookie sheet making either 8 large or 16 small biscuits.
- For large biscuits, bake for 12 minutes at 400 and then reduce temperature to 300 and bake for an additional 4 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. For small biscuits cook for 12 minutes at 400 or until tops are lightly browned.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and dash of salt. Baste over the tops of biscuits right after you take them out of the oven. Sprinkle the tops with dried parsley.