We all know I am a sucker for all things butter. In some cases, bread is just a socially acceptable way to eat said butter. Compound butters, also known as flavored butter, is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it.
Cinnamon Honey Butter
Butter. A staple of many kitchens. Butter is not created equal. A good, freshly churned butter will elevate any recipe, while a lacklustre production will surely disappoint. Butter is also versatile and can be easily transformed into a variety of flavors.
One that Americans have seemed to latch onto is Cinnamon Honey Butter. And why not? Made famous by Texas Roadhouse, this butter recipe is ideal for breakfast biscuits, fluffy pancakes and hearty dinner breads, like a whole wheat or oat loaf. But, of course, it is best with my Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls!
What You’ll Need
The ingredient list is short and sweet, you likely have everything need in your kitchen to make a batch right now!
- Unsalted Butter– Because we are adding so many flavors, don’t spend a pretty penny to purchase a high quality European butter. Just grab the store brand and call it a day. If you use salted, omit additional salt.
- Powdered Sugar– Do not use granulated sugar, you’ll end up with grainy butter. This is a sweet butter recipe, so it uses two types of sweeteners.
- Honey– Agave nectar will also work, but the original recipe uses honey.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg- I love the nuttiness that nutmeg adds to this recipe, but if you just have cinnamon on hand, go ahead and just use that. Pumpkin pie spice and apple pie spice are also fun additions.
- Whip the butter very well before adding the other ingredients. Whipping adds air to the mixture, making it feel and taste lighter. Since you are adding some other hefty ingredients, whipping will help it remain tasty and a light consistency.
- Add the other ingredients and continue to whip so it mixes evenly.
- If possible, refrigerate so the flavors have time to marry. The butter will also be fairly loose since it’s been agitated and at room temperature for so long.
Make Ahead, Storage & Freezing
Butter is also freezer friendly, so think about freezing it in individual cubes using a plastic ice cube tray.
More easy copycat recipes:
- Copycat Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix
- Copycat Outback Bloom Sauce
- Instant Pot Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Make sure you check out all of my Flavored Butters!
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Butter (Cinnamon Honey Butter)
- Using a hand held mixer or stand mixer, whip the room temperature butter for 1-2 minutes, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add the powdered sugar, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg, continue to whip for an additional 2 minutes, scraping down sides as needed.
- For best results, refrigerate for 1 hour, but can be used immediately. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or star ratings!