Looking for a fun, new dinner idea? Check out my Artichoke Chicken Pot Pie!
Artichoke Chicken Pot Pie is an easy hand pie recipe stuffed with shredded chicken, artichokes, spinach, red onion, cheese and zesty Italian dressing.
Let’s also discuss that my Artichoke Chicken Pot Pies aren’t your traditional chicken pot pie filling; creamy base, peas, carrots and other hearty vegetables with chunks of chicken.
Instead, these bad boys use a flaky, pre-made pie crust filled with shredded chicken, artichokes, red onion, cheese and spinach all seasoned with a pre-made Italian dressing.
I actually don’t care that much for the creamy base of a traditional pot pie, but I love the buttery crust. Most seem to be made with a “cream of something” soup that just doesn’t entice me much.
Even in dishes that call for it, like my Fancy Tuna Noodle Casserole, I make my own cream based sauce instead of using the canned cream stuff.
For the shredded shredded chicken there are a couple of choices. Frozen strips, thawed and then shredded work well. A store bought rotisserie chicken does the trick too.
Leftover chicken, grilled or lightly seasoned is perfect. On this occasion I had none of the above, so I baked a large chicken breast in the oven and then shredded it, although I generally keep shredded chicken in the freezer for occassions just like this! The goal here is simplicity and ease!
Artichoke Chicken Pot Pie also freezes well. You can make them and freeze uncooked or cook and freeze individually.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these other easy recipe ideas!
- Cheesy Pesto Pasta Bake
- Lemon Artichoke Pesto
- Tomato and Pesto Pizza
- Hearts of Palm Cakes
- Peperoncini Sausage Stromboli
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 cups spinach leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup Italian cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine artichokes though salad dressing in a medium mixing bowl.
- Roll out pie crusts onto a lightly floured surface. Cut each crust into fourths.
- Spoon artichoke mixture into the center of 4 slices. Top with a matching size slice of pie dough. Crimp edges with a fork to seal.
- Transfer turnovers to a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Pie crust will not change too much in appearance. They might be lightly browned.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly. Enjoy!