So simple, it will knock your socks off! Low on time? Not great in the kitchen? You can still WOW your guests or host(ess) with a Super Simple American Flag Sugar Cookie Cake!
Super Simple American Flag Sugar Cookie Cake is a super easy way to celebrate America! Prepare this fourth of July dessert in a disposable tin to take to parties for a easy clean up.
Having some easy American flag desserts in your recipe book are really quite useful. Holidays always seem to sneak up on you, and when you get into the day it’s always a rush. You have to get to your party by 3 or you have guests coming over in 30 minutes.
Well this dessert recipe only needs 5 minutes of prep and 30 minutes in the oven. I call that a quick fix to your dessert problem. Oh and it looks patriotic and delicious! This dessert will be a hit, guests will love the taste and the look of this sugar cookie cake.
If you have spare time you can even prepare this fourth of July dessert ahead of time and just refrigerate until you are ready to serve. Just add the fruit to this sugar cookie cake 3-4 hours prior to serving for the best results!
To make this 4th of July dessert I used a packaged sugar cookie mix because I was low on time, but you can use your favorite drop sugar cookie recipe. Chances are you’ll need to double the recipe to have enough dough.
So whether you are having a barbecue, picnic, family get together, or a party let this Super Simple American Flag Sugar Cookie Cake help you have a easier day with an amazing patriotic dessert that tastes delicious!
If you loved this sugar cookie cake make sure you check out these other easy red, white and blue desserts:
Super Simple American Flag Sugar Cookie Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven according to package directions. Lightly grease a large rimmed baking sheet, approximately 12×17.
- Prepare sugar cookie dough according to package directions. If it gives you the option of making drop cookies or roll out, use the drop cookie instructions. Spread evenly into rimmed cookie sheet.
- Bake according to package directions, plus an additional 8-10 minutes or until the whole giant cookie is lightly brown.
- Allow to cool fully and frost.
- Do not add fruit until 3-4 hours before serving. Carefully eyeball the cake in half. In the top left hand corner, add 50 blueberries. Break cake into 7 stripes, add strawberries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how it was!