Super simple and so cute, All-American Strawberries are a summery treat that just can’t be beat!
These All-American Strawberries are a fun, festive, mouth-watering take on the traditional chocolate covered strawberry and only take 15 minutes to prepare!
This chocolate dipped strawberry recipe brings a little fun to any event by sporting an all-American festive. Nothing screams “U.S.A” more than the good ‘ol red, white, and blue!
These All-American Strawberries are very patriotic and only need three ingredients to make. Strawberries for the red, candy melts for the white, and sprinkles for the blue!
Taking a mere 15 minutes to prepare – these patriotic strawberries are the perfect treat to bring to BBQs or serve after dinner by the campfire! Everyone will love this fun and festive dessert!
There are tons of chocolate brands out there and you can really use any kind of chocolate and these will turn out great. It is chocolate covered strawberries after all. You can’t go wrong!
That said, if you are going with the patriotic theme, it is best to use white chocolate. I find the white candy melts are the easiest to work with for these All-American Strawberries.
The biggest mistake people make when making chocolate dipped strawberries is not making sure your strawberries are completely dry after washing them.
Giving them time to air dry is ideal, but even dabbing them with a paper towel in a pinch will do the trick. Without that step, your chocolate might break or not stick to the berries themselves.
Going on vacation? No problem! Buy a small, tub of dipping chocolate in the fruit or baking section. Melt in the microwave or in a bowl over simmering water and you are all set.
You can have All-American Strawberries whenever you want, but they make for great additions to any summer party or holiday.
If you loved these All-American Strawberries, check out these other easy strawberry recipes:
- 12 ounces white Candy Melts
- Blue Sprinkles
- 2 pounds strawberries
- Heat Candy Melts in double boiler or microwave. The key to any chocolate covered strawberry is making sure it is dry. I recommend washing your strawberries and allowing them to air dry in the fridge for at least 2 hours prior to coating. You can also dab them off with a dry paper towel.
- Dip each strawberry into white chocolate and then dip just the tip in a bowl of blue sprinkles.
- Lay on a piece of parchment or wax paper on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, or until ready to serve, or up to 12 hours. Any longer and they will begin to sweat and the sprinkles will dissolve.
- Enjoy your All-American Strawberries!
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!