Let’s talk Pumpkin Fluff, okay? Don’t get burnt out trying pumpkin recipes until you’ve tried this Pumpkin Dip!
This creamy goodness is sweet, delicious and a favorite dip around the holidays. It’s easy to make a batch last minute and dip your favorites right into.
Fall flavors are a must in my home, the smell of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin just make me smile. It’s like a big warm hug, something we all need. Pumpkin Fluff Dip, sometimes called pumpkin pie dip, is made with only a few simple ingredients and can easily be made right when you need it or even the day before.
This is a recipe that is perfect for those little chefs to get into the kitchen and learn to mix together. And who knows, you just might make some fun memories too.
Pumpkin Fluff is an easy no bake dessert that you dip graham crackers, apples, Stroop Waffles, ginger snaps, vanilla wafers or even a spoon and enjoy.
What is Pumpkin Fluff?
Pumpkin Fluff is a dip, a dessert, a fall treat if you will. It’s creamy and delicious and the best part is everything you dip into it.
Don’t hesitate to lick your fingers clean should they find their way into the bowl. You know it will be smiles to the table when you serve this up in a mini pumpkin too.
Pumpkin Fluff Ingredients
The ingredients for this fluff, like so many fluff recipes, are really quite simple. And aside from a few spice you more than likely already have in your spice cabinet, you really only need to pick up three things from the grocery store:
- Pumpkin puree – Make your own or use store bought in a can.
- Cool Whip– use a whipped topping, not actual whipped cream. It is more stable and will not fall flat and melt after a day or two in the fridge.
- Instant vanilla pudding mix– Sugar free pudding works too.
- Cinnamon – read my notes on fresh cinnamon and the best type to use for full flavors!
- Nutmeg – ground or grate your own.
- Allspice – ground or grind your own.
The fun part is when we get to the dippers! The options for these are endless, but here are a few of my favorite dippers:
- Fresh fruit – Things like apple slices, grapes or strawberries are perfect.
- Nilla Wafers – Sweet and vanilla, they are a great addition.
- Graham crackers– What dessert dip isn’t fantastic with graham crackers?
- Pretzels – The salty, crunchy pretzels are the perfect companion to this yummy fluff.
- Gingersnaps – Gingersnap cookies are perfect because that ginger flavor pairs perfectly with pumpkin desserts. Molasses cookies are also a great option.
How to Make Pumpkin Fluff
You are going to love how quick it is to make this easy pumpkin fluff recipe.
- Combine pumpkin, pudding and spices. In a large bowl combine Pumpkin Puree, Instant Vanilla Pudding and spices.
- Cool Whip. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Garnish and enjoy. Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top for garnish. Cover and refrigerate.
What makes this Pumpkin Fluff recipe so perfect is the light texture and great flavor, but also all of the ways you can customize it to your liking.
- Richer flavor – Try substituting instant cheesecake pudding for vanilla pudding. You can even add pumpkin pie spice for extra pumpkin spice seasoning, or as a garnish on top.
- More pumpkin – Feel free to add the whole can of pumpkin puree for an even bolder pumpkin flavor.
- Cream cheese – To make this a thicker dip rather than a fluff, beat in a block of softened cream cheese.
- Make a pie – You could add this creamy pumpkin fluff dip to a graham cracker pie crust to make it a no bake pie.
How to Serve Pumpkin Fluff
This Pumpkin Fluff Dip recipe can be served in a mini pumpkin, which is adorable by the way, or in single serve cups.
I like to serve it with other pumpkin treats or any other perfect fall dessert. Pumpkin muffins, a creamy pumpkin pie or any other easy dessert would be perfect.
Storage and Freezing
Storage: Should you have any leftover dip make sure to store Pumpkin Fluff Dip in an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator.
Make ahead: You can absolutely make this the day before too, although I prefer to fold in the Cool Whip right before serving so it doesn’t go flat.
Freezing: I do not recommend freezing this fluffy pumpkin dip. It won’t thaw back to the right consistency.
More Fall Desserts
- Easy Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Gooey Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies (Fudgy Pumpkin Brownies!)
- Apple Fritters
Pumpkin Fluff Recipe
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin puree, instant vanilla pudding, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top for garnish. Cover and refrigerate.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or ratings.