Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Bored with your usual chicken recipes for dinner? Try something new with my Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Chicken. A stuffed chicken breast recipe your whole family will fall in love with.
Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Chicken is a cheese stuffed chicken breast recipe spiced with pepper jack cheese and fresh jalapenos. Avocado and lime cool off the hot flavors.
I am not fortune teller, but I am pretty sure two food trends that will never die are anything bacon wrapped and anything jalapeno popper. The two together are nothing short of magic. Pure jalapeno bacon magic.
I have played with this recipe in servel variations. The biggest problem with any stuffed chicken breast recipe is getting the stuffing to stay inside the chicken.
I’ve pounded them out and folded them over, made pockets and even put it under the skin of a skin-on airline cut.
Do you know what helps that stuffing stay in place? BACON! Bacon is like the tape to this glorious, cheesy present. Break the seal and out flows the deliciousness.
For my Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Chicken uses not one, but three types of cheese: cream cheese, pepper jack and cheddar, making these the absolute cheesiest stuffed chicken breasts ever!
Fresh jalapenos with the seeds really amps up the heat. For less heat, use jarred jalapenos or take out the seeds.
Of course, you can omit them all together and the pepper jack cheese will provide a small amount of heat.
Spritzing your Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Chicken with lime and serving avocado on side also helps to cool it down. You can even use sour cream, if you’d like!
Tools for making Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
9 x 13 Glass Baking Dish– an absolute essential for any kitchen! Use it for baking, marinating or storing. Get one with a lid, you’ll thank me later.
Wood cutting board – wood won’t dull your knives like plastic and if treated properly, has natural antimicrobial properties.
Good knife – Global is my favorite! They are worth the price, I promise. I am kind of obsessed with them and store them tucked away so no one else can use them. Including hubby. Hands off my good stuff!
And you adore stuffed chicken breasts like I do, you’ll also like these other bacon wrapped easy dinner ideas:
- Bacon Wrapped BBQ Meatballs
- Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Serve with delicious, buttery Mexican Cheesy Rolls!
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts , boneless and skinless
- fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese , shredded
- 1 jalapeno , sliced
- 4-6 slices quality bacon
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese , shredded
- 2 tablespoons chives , finely minced
- 1 lime , cut into wedges
- 1 avocado , cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash together cream cheese and shredded pepper jack cheese. Set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- In the thick part of the chicken breast, cut a slit without cutting all the way through, creating a pocket to stuff.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into the center of each chicken breast, topping with layered jalapeno wheels.
- Tightly wrap each chicken breast with bacon, tucking in ends to another piece of bacon.
- Place both pieces of bacon wrapped chicken in a baking dish. Cook chicken uncovered for 25 minutes. Bacon should be brown and crispy. Cheese might be seeping out a little.
- Remove and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Return to the oven for an additional 5-8 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted and chicken juices run clear.
- Garnish with chives and serve with lime wedges and avocado.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!