This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. #sponsored #ad
If you have been looking for delicious date appetizers, then this is your post! Come and read why these Bacon Wrapped Dates are one of my favorite appetizers!
Bacon Wrapped Dates are an easy, 4-ingredient appetizer perfect for watching the big game in your pajamas or a fancy cocktail party.
Bacon makes everything better. It is a fact. There are days that I don’t have eggs or milk, but I always have bacon. Whether I’m whipping up a quick meal created from random freezer items or dressing a salad, bacon will make it better.
And can you beleive I only discovered the magic of bacon wrapped dates a few years ago? They are MAGIC!
As many of you know, I also pride myself on making things from scratch and using quality ingredients. These two aspects will make or break any dish. This includes my bacon, which is why I buy Wright® Brand Bacon.
The meaty, thick cuts stand out among other bacon brands. The packing doesn’t creatively hide the fat-meat ratio, because it doesn’t need to, look up and check out the meat in that picture!
Wright Brand Bacon is made with premium cuts that are hand trimmed, making it Bacon The Wright Way™.
Bacon Wrapped Dates are one of my secret weapons. People generally turn their nose up at dates, but when you stuff them with blue cheese, wrap them in bacon and drizzle them with honey, it is almost like eating dessert.
In order for Bacon Wrapped Dates to turn out properly, you need high quality bacon. Cuts that have flavor to soften the dates and infuse them with flavor, and most importantly, not shrivel up when cooked.
What are dates? A date is a fruit from a tree native to North Africa and the Middle East. They can be eaten fresh or dried. They are also incorporated into many Middle Eastern dishes, as well as being used commonly in Italy and Greece.
Wright Brand Bacon comes in several mouthwatering flavors, all of which pair perfectly for Bacon Wrapped Dates.
- Hickory Smoked
- Applewood Smoked
- Smoked Brown Sugar Bacon
- Bourbon Barrel Smoked
- Oak Barrel Smoked
I like the Hickory Smoked. The hickory smell hits your nose the moment you open the package. It will put a smile on your face before you even taste it. I promise. Wright Brand Bacon wants to hear YOUR favorite flavor and food combinations.
Hop on over to cast your vote in their BACON POLL! Then head to your local grocery store to buy some of your own. I pick up mine in the bacon and breakfast sausage case of my local Food Lion.
If you liked this bacon wrapped appetizer make sure you check out some of these other easy bacon recipes:
- Bacon Jam Scallops
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bread
- Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies
- Chocolate Bacon Saltine Toffee
If you are looking for even more fabulous appetizers, snag a copy of my Easy Appetizers Beyond Dips Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, one of these fun and festive appetizers sure to be the hit of any gathering!
- 11 strips Wright Brand Bacon cut into thirds
- 32 dates pitted and cut open down the center
- 8 ounces blue cheese
- honey for drizzling
- Large toothpicks soaked in water for 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stuff the center of each date and then wrap it in a bacon strip. Edges should overlap slightly, but not make two full rounds. If the bacon is too thick it will not cook evenly.
- Place two bacon wrapped dates on each toothpick and place on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn and bake for an additional 12 minutes, or until bacon is browned.
- Some cheese might ooze out, but that is fine, there is still plenty where is came from. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before transferring to a serving platter and drizzling with honey.
Now share your favorite recipe featuring bacon on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and make sure to tag it with #VoteWrightBrandBacon! @wrightbacon