Creamy Tomato Salad Dressing is a homemade salad dressing that can also be used on grilled vegetables or as a dipping sauce. Uses fresh tomatoes with zesty lemon juice and Dijon mustard.
Creamy Tomato Salad Dressing is cool and creamy, making it great for summer salads. It can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated in airtight containers, making preparation a snap! If you garden is overflowing with fresh tomatoes, you can also can it to have Creamy Tomato Salad Dressing all year long!
There are so many benefits to making your own salad dressing. The first is no additives or preservatives. The only “make it last longer” ingredients you’ll find in my homemade salad dressing recipes is salt. And good salt- none of that icky idiodized stuff. Yuck! You can also choose how much or little salt, mayonnaise or olive to add. This salad dressing recipe doesn’t use oil, but others do. Homemade salad dressing recipes give you so much flexibility with flavors and are never the same twice, so you never get bored.
Homemade salad dressing recipes also taste great on roasted or grilled vegetables, chicken and seafood or as a dipping sauce for your veggie tray, even potato chips.
Tools Need to Make Creamy Tomato Salad Dressing:
- Mini Food Processor– I use this thing daily! It is by far my most used kitchen appliance, it is small and I throw all the parts into the dishwasher, well except the base and cord, of course!
- Salad Dressing Container– Since I making all my own dressings, I keep a few of these around to easily label, shake em up and keep them food for as long as possible in the refrigerator.
Test some of our other favorite homemade salad dressing recipes:
- Dijon Lime Salad Dressing
- Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- Roasted Jalapeno and Onion Dressing
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Non Creamy Caesar
- Sweet Miso Ginger Dressing
- Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette
- Fresh Herb Vinaigrette
- Japanese Ginger Dressing