Creamy Tomato Salad Dressing is one of the most popular recipes on this blog! You have to respect a homemade salad dressing that is made with vegetables to go on top of vegetables. Double VEGGIES!
Creamy Tomato Salad Dressing is a homemade salad dressing that can also be used on grilled vegetables or as a dipping sauce. Uses fresh tomatoes with zesty lemon juice and Dijon mustard.
Creamy Tomato Salad Dressing is cool and creamy, making it great for summer salads. It can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated in airtight containers, making preparation a snap!
If you garden is overflowing with fresh tomatoes, you can also can it to have Creamy Tomato Salad Dressing all year long!
There are so many benefits to making your own salad dressing. The first is no additives or preservatives. The only “make it last longer” ingredients you’ll find in my homemade salad dressing recipes is salt.
And good salt- none of that icky iodized stuff. Yuck! You can also choose how much or little salt, mayonnaise or olive to add.
This salad dressing recipe doesn’t use oil, but others do. Homemade salad dressing recipes give you so much flexibility with flavors and are never the same twice, so you never get bored.
Homemade salad dressing recipes also taste great on roasted or grilled vegetables, chicken and seafood or as a dipping sauce for your veggie tray, even potato chips.
Tools Need to Make Creamy Tomato Salad Dressing:
Mini Food Processor– I use this thing daily! It is by far my most used kitchen appliance, it is small and I throw all the parts into the dishwasher, well except the base and cord, of course!
Salad Dressing Container– Since I making all my own dressings, I keep a few of these around to easily label, shake em up and keep them food for as long as possible in the refrigerator.
Test some of our other favorite homemade salad dressing recipes:
- Dijon Lime Salad Dressing
- Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- Roasted Jalapeno and Onion Dressing
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Non Creamy Caesar
- Sweet Miso Ginger Dressing
- Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette
- Fresh Herb Vinaigrette
- Japanese Ginger Dressing
- The first step of this soup is to prepare the tomatoes by skinning them. If you have never skinned a tomato before, have no fear, it is very easy. Fill a medium sauce pan ¾ with water, bring to a boil. Set up an ice bath directly next to the range. Score a "X" in the bottoms of all tomatoes.
- Working in batches of 2-3, drop tomatoes into boiling water. Boil for 45-60 seconds. If the water does not fully cover your tomatoes, turn and boil on the other end for a few seconds.
- Remove and immediately submerge in the ice bath. Continue with remaining tomatoes. If the skin does not start to peel in the ice bath, return to the boiling water for just a few minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from ice bath and peel. Skin should come off easily.
- Chop off stem end and then quarter. Using your fingers, gently press out the pulpy seed sections. Do not worry about getting it all, just the majority.
- Place all ingredients into a small food processor, blend until smooth.
- Can be refrigerated for 2-3 days. Drizzle over a fresh salad mix. Enjoy your Creamy Tomato Salad Dressing!
If you've tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how you liked it in the comments!