Fresh and light, with just a little bit of spunk, Cilantro Lime Dressing is the perfect accompaniment for a summer salad! This citrus dressing is so tasty and refreshing, it’ll become one of your new favorites.
Cilantro Lime Dressing is an easy and delicious citrus dressing for salads, dipping sauces or even as a marinade! Spicy and sweet, it is no-cook and comes together in 5 minutes.
The best part about this recipe is that Cilantro Lime Dressing isn’t just a salad dressing! You can also use it as a marinade for chicken or fish, it drizzles wonderfully over a grilled steak, can be tossed on roasted or grilled veggies or used as a dipping sauce.
Homemade salad dressing is the best kind of dressing because then you know exactly what has been put into it. I don’t trust all these dressings that don’t expire for months or require refrigeration. Homemade also doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
You’re actually reversing the effects of eating a healthy salad by using a store bought dressing because it’s loaded with fat, sodium, sugar, and calories. As opposed to using a homemade salad dressing like this Citrus Lime Dressing that is lower in calories and carbs.
This salad dressing recipe can be made and stored for a week when chilled, which is usually the average for a fresh dressing you make at home. It will cost you pennies on the dollar to make and other than cilantro, you probably already have the ingredients at home. Maybe you do store cilantro on the regular, what do I know?
It’s a great recipe to make ahead and store for when you’re ready to use it. During the hot months, I keep mine on hand in an airtight salad dressing container in the fridge.
If you loved this homemade vinaigrette, check out these other easy dressing recipes:
- Cilantro Lime DressingPrep Time10 minsTotal Time10 minsCilantro Lime Dressing is an easy and delicious citrus dressing for salads, dipping sauces or even as a marinade! Spicy and sweet, it is no-cook and comes together in 5 minutes.Course: SaladCuisine: AmericanKeyword: homemade salad dressingServings: 6Calories: 222 kcalIngredients
- 1 jalapeno pepper , seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , coarsely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ginger , grated
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves , packed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Nutrition FactsCilantro Lime DressingAmount Per ServingCalories 222 Calories from Fat 162% Daily Value*Total Fat 18g 28%Saturated Fat 2g 10%Sodium 196mg 8%Potassium 21mg 1%Total Carbohydrates 17g 6%Sugars 16gVitamin A 1.7%Vitamin C 7.7%Calcium 0.2%Iron 1%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Place all jalapeno, garlic and ginger into a food processor. Pulse until finely minced.
- Add lime juice through olive oil, pulse until vinaigrette consistency.
- Serve over salad or seafood! Cilantro Lime Dressing can be keep refrigerated for up to a week in an airtight container.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!