Is anyone else obsessed with Nutella? My kids love the stuff, although I still only allow it on special occasions. On one of those occasions, it was transformed into a creamy Nutella dip.
This easy Nutella dip recipe is a quick dessert that brings all of the chocolate and hazelnut goodness to the table. It has all of the classic richness of Nutella but with a fluffy texture that’s perfect for dipping fresh fruit like berries or banana slices or even salty snacks like pretzel sticks.
The great thing about this easy dip is that it’s an easy recipe that you can use on so many different occasions. It’s the perfect dip for Friday movie night but you can also serve it at a party or just have it as an amazing afternoon snack.
Why You’ll Love Creamy Nutella Dip
If you are like so many of the cult followers of Nutella, this sweet treat is for you.
- Nutella Upgrade – This fluffy and light dip incorporates more Nutella than most Nutella dip recipes so you’ll have all of the hazelnut and chocolate goodness in spades.
- So Many Uses – Top your favorite flavor of ice cream with it, dip your favorite fruits or cookies into it, spread it on breakfast tastiness like a stack of pancakes, french toast, or waffles, spoon it over pound cake, or dip any kind of fruit into it. You can even use it to rim a cocktail glass at parties — there are few things this Nutella dip can’t make better!
- Full of Sweet Flavor – There’s nothing quite Nutella’s blend of chocolate and nuttiness. When mixed with cream cheese and whipped topping, it’s nothing short of heavenly.
Just a few simple ingredients will get you on your way to making a dreamy dip.
- Nutella – The classic spread is the star of the show and it shines in this chocolatey, velvety dish.
- Cream cheese – Cream cheese adds creaminess to the dip and gives it a tangy cheesecake taste. Be sure to soften before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Heavy cream – The fat in the cream helps to make this a silky dip.
- Powdered sugar – Powdered sugar sweetens the dip and also helps to make it luxuriously smooth.
- Cool Whip – Whipped topping adds light airiness to the dip.
- Mini chocolate chips (plus more for garnish, if desired) – These add texture and even more chocolate flavor.
How to Make Creamy Nutella Dip
This easy dip comes together in a matter of minutes.
- Beat Nutella and cream cheese. Place Nutella and cream cheese in a large bowl of a stand mixer. Combine until the mixture is smooth and uniform in color.
- Add cream and powdered sugar. Continuing to mix on a low speed, add the cream and powdered sugar.
- Fold in Cool Whip. Once those two ingredients are completely combined into the Nutella mixture, use a rubber spatula to gently fold the Cool Whip and mini chocolate chips in.
- Add to bowl and garnish. Spoon the dip into a bowl for serving and add an optional garnish of more mini chocolate chips.
- Enjoy! Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
What to Serve with Creamy Nutella Dip
You can serve this creamy dip with your favorite dippers like strawberries, graham crackers, angel food cake pieces, and cookies like vanilla wafers, peanut butter oatmeal cookies, or trail mix cookies. Or make it a sweet and salty combination with pretzels.
Get creative with this fun dip that will have everyone asking you for the recipe.
- Chips – Add peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips for a great twist.
- Greek Yogurt – Replace some or all of the cream cheese with vanilla Greek yogurt. It will be slightly thinner, but still tangy and delicious.
This dip is so easy to store so you keep it on hand for easy snacking or in case a friend or neighbor decides to pop by.
Make Ahead: You can easily make this simple dip ahead of time and just stir before serving.
Refrigerator: Store leftover Nutella dip for up to a week in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Common Questions About Creamy Nutella Dip
You can dip anything in Nutella from fruit and graham crackers to pretzels or animal crackers. Anything you can pair with chocolate you can pair with Nutella.
Like any chocolate, mixing melted Nutella with a bit of coconut oil will make it harden. It turns it into a version of the classic Magic Shell.
If your Nutella isn’t congealing properly, just vigorously and completely mix it back together. The oil has just separated and needs to be incorporated.
Other Sweet Dessert Dips
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- Gooey S’mores Dip in the Oven
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
Creamy Nutella Dip recipe
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the nutella and cream cheese until no streaks remain.
- Blend in the cream and powdered sugar until fully blended.
- By hand using a spatula, fold in the cool whip and mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with more mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Serve with your favorite dippers like strawberries, graham cracker, pretzels and Nilla Wafers.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or star ratings.