This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReimagineCereal#CollectiveBias
Looking for a delicious breakfast-on-the-go? Corn Flake Breakfast Bars are just the ticket!
Corn Flake Breakfast Bars are a 15-minute handheld breakfast bar made from corn flakes, dried cranberries, slivered almonds, peanut butter, mini chocolate chips and marshmallows.
I get up early. Real early. Five thirty in the morning that alarm goes off and I’m off on another day of working two jobs. *Yawn* I try to do everything I can to make sure mornings go smooth for my family and myself, including thinking “out of the bowl” to make sure we have a tasty, fulfilling breakfast, like Corn Flake Breakfast Bars.
On the weekends I love a bowl of Corn Flakes with fresh fruit and ice cold milk, but during the week I need a handheld meal I can chow down in the car and transforming Kellogg’s Corn Flakes into breakfast bars is just the ticket.
Instead of using fresh fruit, I add dried cranberries with creamy peanut butter and almonds for hunger fighting protein. You can also use dried cherries, or really any dried fruit you please.
Marshmallow and mini chocolate chips add just enough sticky and sweet to make Corn Flake Breakfast Bars good enough to eat for breakfast, an after school snack or even dessert. The perfect fix any time of day!
Corn Flake Breakfast Bars are so easy to make that you can make their preparation a family activity. Ready in just 10 minutes, there is always time to whip up a batch.
I like to cut and place my Corn Flake Breakfast Bars in individual plastic bags for easy grab-and-go access in the morning. I eat it in the car on my way to work!
If you liked this easy make-ahead breakfast recipe, check these out:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounce bag marshmallows
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Butter or spray a 9x13 or 5x7 baking dish (depending on how thick you want your breakfast bars).
- Heat butter, creamy peanut butter and marshmallows in a medium sauce pan over medium heat, stirring continually with a wooden spoon until fully melted and creamy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add corn flakes, dried cranberries and slivered almonds, mixing to combine.
- Turn mixture into your prepared baking dish, flattening and evening using the back of a spoon or a piece of wax paper. While flattening, press mini chocolate chips into the top.
- Wait until mixture has fully cooled, slice and place in individual plastic bags for easy access the next morning.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Please visit this website for more inspiration for creative breakfast and snack creations!