Who doesn’t love a good chicken sandwich recipe? If you’re looking for something that doesn’t take too much time and can be thrown together easily, then you’ve come to the right place.
This recipe is simple yet delicious.
This is the best Spicy Chicken Sandwich recipe you will ever taste! It’s a grilled chicken sandwich piled high with bacon, cool avocado, spicy chipotle aioli, pepper jack cheese and crisp lettuce.
Do you ever have those busy weeknights when making a full-on meal just seems like a lot? You are giving my page the stink eye right now, aren’t you? This sounds like an infomercial and some idiot is about to give you the extragated “uh-oh” face.
OF COURSE I HAVE THOSE TYPES OF NIGHTS! The truth is, we all do!
A nice chicken sandwich is easy, tasty, satisfying and perfect for those nights. The only issue is that my simple chicken sandwich just kept growing and growing and soon it became the spicy chicken sandwich.
My family loves the spice! We want sweat beads on the tips of our nose, gosh darn it!
Rumor has it that spicy food can even speed up your metabolism. I mean hey I’ll take that, a boost in my metabolism and I still get to enjoy my chicken with chipotle aioli?! Yes, please!
This is the best spicy chicken sandwich recipe you will ever taste! So much better than the Wendy’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich recipe, let’s say. This one is grilled instead of fried and all of the ingredients are wholesome and easy to find.
It is piled high with bacon, cool avocado, spicy chipotle aioli, pepper jack cheese and crisp lettuce. Make sure you use a hearty sandwich roll for this mammoth chicken sandwich.
Whatever you decide to pair it with I am sure will be great. This is the perfect easy weeknight meal, but we also make it for weekend lunches sometimes. Basically it’s great for any meal!
More easy chicken recipes:
- Nashville Hot Chicken Sliders
- Chicken Fried Bacon
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Chicken Kiev
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Best Chicken Marinade
- Chicken Brine Recipe
Or our most popular recipes on the site right now!
- Easter Lamb
- Root Beer Floats
- Sausage Alfredo
- Homemade Steak Seasoning
- Balsamic Reduction Sauce
- Mexican Cream
- Deep Fried Turkey
- Slutty Brownie
- Chicken Broth Gravy
- Creole Chicken
Tools for making a Spicy Chicken Sandwich:
Wood cutting board – wood won’t dull your knives like plastic and if treated properly, has natural antimicrobial properties.
Good knife – Global is my favorite! They are worth the price, I promise. I am kind of obsessed with them and store them tucked away so no one else can use them. Including hubby. Hands off my good stuff!
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Tenderize and and pierce chicken breasts with a fork multiple times. Place chicken in an airtight baggie with Italian dressing. Marinate for 30 minutes. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat, a nice hot grill will seal in the juices of the chicken. Spray or oil the grates to reduce sticking. Cook chicken on each side for 7-8 minutes. Close the lid in between turning to ensure even cooking. To check if chicken is done you can prick it with a fork to see clear juices run or make a small incision to look for any remaining pink. You can also cook on the stove top or oven.
- Spread chipotle aioli sauce on one side of the sandwich roll. On each roll place a leaf of lettuce, slice of tomato, chicken, 2 slices of bacon, 1 slice of pepper jack cheese, three slices of avocado.