Garlic Parmesan Baked Sweet Potato Fries take this superfood up a few notches with a garlicky, parmesan topping on top of sweet potato fries with a crispy outside with a soft and sweet inside. I eat a whole batch as a meal!
Garlic Parmesan Baked Sweet Potato Fries will jazz up your dinner with lightly tossed herbs, cheese and tender sweet potatoes! This sweet potato fries recipe has the perfect amount of savory flavor to satisfy everyone!
I feel like the sweet potato really made a come back in the last decade. For a while it was a vegetable that only made an appearance around Thanksgiving, but now graces menus at the fanciest of places.
I, too, have fallen prey to the sweet potato craze and make Garlic Parmesan Baked Sweet Potato Fries as a side… or even sometimes as a whole meal.
In Baltimore, a local restaurant tosses their lightly fried sweet potato fries in a blend of Cajun spices and brown sugar, making a sticky, sweet glaze.
This Italian girl wanted to try something similar, but with my beloved garlic. Let me introduce you to Garlic Parmesan Baked Sweet Potato Fries!
Whole most would toss their sweet potato fries and then cook, I actually prefer my sweet potato fries seasoning topping not to be cooked. Raw garlic and herbs will retain more of the super healthy benefits of both and also maximize the flavor.
If you love recipes for sweet potatoes, check out these other easy sweet potato recipes:
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans
- Sweet Potato Cornbread
- Cast Iron Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon
If you are looking for even more fabulous appetizers, snag a copy of my Easy Appetizers Beyond Dips Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, one of these fun and festive appetizers sure to be the hit of any gathering!
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons light extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil. Try to coat as evenly as possible. Spread potatoes on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Mix garlic cloves through Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, flipping fries half way through. Baking time will vary greatly based on the size of your wedges. To test, pierce with a fork and wait until the are tender.
- Remove fries from oven and spoon Parmesan cheese mixture evenly over sweet potato fries.
- Increase oven temp to broil, return baking sheet and watch closely. Remove when cheese is melted and edges begin to brown.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!