Chicken Curry is a sponsored post on behalf of World Kitchen, however opinions expressed are 100% my own.
This Coconut Curry Chicken is one amazing Indian chicken curry recipe! The whole recipe only takes 35 minutes to make and is packed full of delicious, and fresh ingredients!
Coconut Chicken curry is an easy classic Indian recipe using only one pan, coconut milk, basil, cilantro, jalapeños, corn and lime juice!
This Chicken curry recipe is an easy, stovetop version of the classic Indian dish, but with Thai characteristics.
For this rich and hearty meal, I use coconut milk, basil, cilantro, jalapeños, corn and lime juice, for a sweet sauce with just a little bit of heat.
Curried chicken seems to be a recipe that many are intimidated to make at home. The honest truth is that Coconut Curry Chicken can be challenging if you make your curry from scratch (highly recommended at least once in your life).
However, curry sauce can also come together quickly by using pre-made curry and the proper cookware. For this curry sauce recipe, the prep work takes more time than the actual cooking, but believe me, it is worth it for this aromatic masterpiece.
Whether you are preparing Coconut Curry Chicken or a frittata, proper cookware is essential for any home chef. Materials make all the difference in your ability to cook evenly and effectively. You also want to make sure your cookware does not rust or pit and is budget friendly.
The two ideal materials for cookware are stainless steel and copper. Stainless steel will outlive your grandchildren and is a workhorse in the kitchen, but does not distribute heat evenly or rapidly.
Copper is the creme de la creme of cookware, conducting heat evenly and fast, but is expensive and fairly heavy.
Revere® has come up with the best of both worlds: a stainless steel body with copper base at an attractive price point. The ideal cookware!
Coconut Curry Chicken was the maiden dish in my new Revere® Copper Confidence Core™ cookware and I couldn’t be more pleased with both! I was able to easily sear chicken breasts, deglaze and simmer an aromatic curry sauce using only one pan.
The handle is cool touch, so I didn’t need to worry about burning myself when I forgot the dish towel (I’m embarrassed at how many times I have done this). Clean up was a cinch, seeing that Revere® is dishwasher safe and chicken curry was a one dish meal! Are you drooling yet?
Coconut Curry Chicken can be served with Whole Wheat Flatbread or Cilantro Lime Rice and can easily be made ahead to freeze. There is one thing I can promise you, Revere® Copper Confidence Core™ cookware and this mouth watering chicken curry recipe will both be new favorites in your kitchen.
When you are through making your delicious dinner, save space with the groundbreaking Nest&Protect™ interlocking handles that elevate your pots and pans when nested, seemingly floating above each other, protecting the interior and exterior finish, and store conveniently without scratching.
If you loved this chicken curry with coconut milk, check out these easy dinner recipes:
- Pineapple and Pork Curry
- Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken
- Thai Coconut Soup
- Instant Pot Indian Butter Chicken
- Crispy Mexican Chicken
- Easy Mongolian Beef
- Chicken Salad Recipe
- Mango Chicken Curry
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Coconut Curry Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno stem and seeds removed, cut into circles
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 14.5 ounces light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup basil cut into strips
- 1/2 cup corn
- Maldon Salt
- Cilantro-Lime Coconut Rice for serving, optional
- whole wheat flatbreads for serving, optional
- Season chicken breasts with fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a medium Revere® skillet over medium heat. Add seasoned chicken breasts, searing on both sides. Approximately 4 minutes each, however depending on size, times can vary.
- When browned, remove chicken breasts from pan and set aside. Add red onion, garlic and jalapeno, sauteing for 1 minute.
- Add lime juice and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Allow mix to soften, coming to a sofrito consistency, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, yellow curry powder and cornstarch. The mixture will be dry and pasty, allow to brown for 1 minute or until the curry becomes fragrant.
- Add light coconut milk and cilantro, stirring to combine. Bring to a low simmer.
- Place chicken breasts back into the sauce, adding corn and basil. Spoon sauce over chicken. Simmer on low for 5 minutes, turning chicken half way.
- Serve with Cilantro-Lime Coconut Rice or Whole Wheat Flatbreads. Season with Maldon sea salt.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!