*I received compensation in exchange for this post, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Happy holidays! Tis the season for holiday parties with family and friends. What will you bring to your party? I have the perfect recipe… Caramelized Onion Dip!
This is the best darn Caramelized Onion and Garlic Dip Recipe out there! Pair with any type of chip or vegetable for the perfect party appetizer.
This stuff is heavenly and sinful at the same time. Caramelized Onion Dip was my “star” recipe for many years. People just raved about it!
I tired of it way before my friends and family did, but my taste for caramelized onion dip was revived on a recent trip to Turks and Caicos when my friend made one GIANT bowl. I couldn’t get enough and all I could think of was how fabulous it would be with Food Should Taste Good™ Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips.
Creamy, sweet and savory dip with crunchy, wholesome sweet potato tortilla chips! I decided to bring my caramelized onion dip back to life, but made a few modifications.
I left the caramelized onions slices whole, added roast garlic, blended in pecans and topped it with colorful and pungent chives. If you have never caramelized onions, check out my tutorial, and for how to roast garlic.
Food Should Taste Good™ are the perfect accompaniment to please all of your party-goers. All of their products are made with real ingredients that deliver sophisticated and real flavors. They are certified gluten-free and Kosher, with many also being vegan.
All of these fabulous attributes make Food Should Taste Good my go-to choice for the perfect dip vessel. With a large variety of flavors, you can pair every chip with the perfect dip.
Make Caramelized Onion Dip today! Check out foodshouldtastegood.com for more recipes and to check out the other varieties of kettle cooked, brown rice and sweet bean flavors.
If you are looking for more dips, check these out:
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Caramelized Onion Dip
- Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Dash of cayenne
- Cut chives for garnish (optional)
- Using the 2 sweet onions, butter and sugar, follow instructions on how to caramelize onions.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap individual garlic cloves in aluminum foil and set on a baking sheet. Roast for 15-30 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove papery flesh of garlic cloves and mash “meat” in a separate bowl.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, blend together cream cheese, sour cream, fine sea salt, ground black pepper, mashed roasted garlic and cayenne. Beat until well mixed and creamy.
- By hand, fold in caramelized onions and pecans. Serve at room temperature with Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and tell us how it was!