*I received compensation in exchange for this post, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I often struggle with what to bring to parties. The mere fact that I am a food blogger, the pressure to bring something original, visually pleasing and above all else, tasty, is very high. Two Pesto Ricotta Dip was my most recent crowd pleasing creation!
Two Pesto Ricotta Dip combines layers of traditional basil pesto, roasted red pepper and sun dried tomato pesto with ricotta, goat and Parmesan cheese. Chilled in a mold, it is a beautiful red, green and white!
After I played out my Texas Caviar, Beef Carpaccio Crostini and Lemony Pea Mash, I came up with this little number: Two Pesto Ricotta Dip served with Food Should Taste Good™ Blue Corn and Multigrain Chips.
The “wow” factor of my Layered Two Pesto and Ricotta Dip comes from the variation in color and the shear height, it demands attention when set on the grazing table.
Served chilled, three distinct layers consist of a homemade roasted red pepper and sun dried tomato pesto, ricotta, goat and pecorino romano cheese blend and lastly, a traditional basil and pine nut pesto.
The hexagonal shape and brilliant colors of Food Should Taste Good™ chips only add to the appeal.
There is also a “wow” factor in the kitchen because this delightful dip is no-cook, keeping your kitchen cool in the summertime. Another added bonus, Two Pesto Ricotta Dip can be frozen for up to two weeks ahead of time!
When it comes to serving your beloved friends and family, rest assured that you are feeding them GOOD food. The dip is prepared with unprocessed ingredients that are packed with essential vitamins and antioxidants.
Food Should Taste Good™ Blue Corn chips add a nutty flavor and are made with quinoa and organic blue corn. The Multigrain variety are made with all-natural flax, sunflower, sesame seeds and quinoa.
Food Should Taste Good™ chips are certified Kosher, gluten-free and prepared with non-GMO ingredients, ensuring great taste because they are made with real ingredients. The sophisticated flavor and heartiness of the crunchy chips pair perfectly with my Two Pesto Ricotta Dip.
How can you resist the festive colors, too? Serve it up for Christmas parties or Columbus Day. Really, anytime of the year, this vibrant tri-colored dip is a showstopping creation!
If you want more dips to serve with chips, here are a few!
Two Pesto Ricotta Dip
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese if watery, drained
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons pecorino romano cheese finely grated
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes not in oil
- 16 ounce jar roasted red peppers drained and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- Food Should Taste Good™ Blue Corn and Multigrain Chips
- Line a high sided (3-4 inches) 6-inch round cake pan with plastic wrap.
- In your food processor (or heavy duty blender) combine all ingredients for green pesto. Blend until near smooth. Transfer to cake pan, spreading out into an even layer. Wash out and dry food processor bowl, lid and blade.
- Repeat process with blended cheese ingredients.
- Repeat process with red pesto ingredients.
- Cover with aluminum foil and chill for at least 12 hours to solidify. You can also place in the freezer for up to two weeks. If freezing, remove from refrigerator 6 hours before serving to thaw.
- Remove from refrigerator before serving. Invert onto a serving platter and serve with Food Should Taste Good™ Blue Corn and Multigrain Chips.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!