The only way to become a better cook is to exit your comfort zone and push the limits. Use the ordinary in unordinary ways and test out new ingredients. A few bloggers and myself have a mostly “challenge” which focuses on one ingredient.
The last months the topic has been chicken with Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken and lemon with my Garlic Lemon Chicken (ok, now I’m noticing a trend, next month, don’t let me pick anything to do with chicken!). This month it is STRAWBERRIES! Make sure to scroll all the way down to check out what other fantastic bloggers created.
Oh glorious little, red bulbs. We took a poll on my Facebook page to see what people wanted to see and it was pretty clear that my foodie friends wanted SAVORY! I had done a blueberry BBQ sauce before and wanted to try the same concept of capitalizing the natural sugars in the strawberries and then adding some pizzazz with vinegar. A traditional ketchup base keeps it grounded, but it still has a wildly curious and unique flavor.
I paired mine with a cool avocado yogurt sauce and Strawberry Salsa for a well balanced and sophisticated dish. Don’t feel pressured to make all of the pieces and feel free to use the same Strawberry BBQ sauce on fish, pork or a tri-tip roast. One thing is for sure, having the right BBQ tools is essential for any grilled feast!
Don’t forget to PIN Strawberry BBQ Chicken!
Check out all the other lovely strawberry recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Strawberry Challenge.
- Strawberry Pound Cake by Lovefoodies
- Strawberry Crisp by Num’s the Word
- Strawberry Creme Bars by Life Currents
- Strawberry popsicles (ice lollies) by Culinary Ginger
- Strawberry Pudding by The Kitchen is My Playground
- Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Angle Food Cake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Fresh Strawberry and Peach Salsa by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Glazed Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf by Who Needs A Cape?
- Strawberry BBQ Chicken by Savory Experiments
- Strawberry Zabaione by Blessed Beyond Crazy
- Frozen Strawberry Easy Dessert by Noshing With The Nolands