Soy Lime Shrimp Recipe
If there was a protien my husband could eat every day for every meal, it would probably be shrimp. I generally buy double just for him.
Soy Lime Shrimp is an easy shrimp marinade perfect for eating on their own, in a salad or as a side.
Soy Lime Shrimp is an easy shrimp recipe with loads of a flavor and only 5 ingredients. Grill or saute your shrimp and serve on a salad, as a side or eat on their own!
We are all busy. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels like I don’t have time to breath starting from the week before Thanksgiving until after New Year’s Day.
Then January comes around and I am working on my New Year’s Resolution, which will undoubtedly be to “make healthier choices.”
Followed by spring, summer and fall which will come with their own challenges and goals around time management and making healthy choices.
I am always on the lookout for healthy recipes that have loads of flavor. Soy Lime Shrimp is one of those.
The first thing to know is that soy sauces are not created equal. For dipping sushi or as a flavorful condiment, a dark soy sauce is best. I even like mushroom flavored.
But for marinades like this, I prefer a low sodium soy sauce. Still lots of robust overtones, but not so overpowering that you can taste the other flavors like lime.
Shrimp are great for a quick meal. They marinate quickly, soaking up delicious flavor. And they cook fast.
Whether you plan to use them to top your salad, serve as a side dish with your favorite Japanese dish or pop them on your own as a snack or appetizer.
If you like easy shrimp recipes, check these out!
If you liked this Easy Dinner Recipe, snag a copy of my Easy Dinner Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, here is a small collection of time-saving, hearty and satisfying dinners guaranteed to get you in and out in 30 minutes or less!
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Soy Lime Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp raw, de-shelled
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated
- 2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cooking spray
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes, stirring at least once to fully coat shrimp.
- Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat and lightly coat with cooking spray. Add shrimp, discarding marinade. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until pink and curled. Exact cooking time will depend on the size of your shrimp.
- Remove shrimp and top them on a salad, serve them as a side dish or eat them as-is!
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!