Slow Cooker Baked Beans is made with 4 types of beans simmered with brown sugar, bacon, and more! An Easy Baked Bean recipe the whole family will love.
Aw, beans. I know what song you are singing in your head because I am singing the same one! Beans are a traditional cookout side dish. While it is super easy to pop open a can of baked beans, but it is equally easy to make your own.
Slow Cooker Baked Beans breaks my “10 minute set it and forget it” rule, but not by much. Only because of making delicious bacon and I’ll do just about anything for bacon.
However, I guess if they are made in a slow cooker, they are really simmered beans instead of baked beans, but you get the drift. A medley of 4 different types of beans are slow cooked with bacon, brown sugar and mustard to make a flavorful side dish.
You can also make slow cooker baked beans with dry beans instead of canned. On this date I didn’t have the time to start with dry beans, however you can modify the recipe.
Start with 2 cups of each type of dry beans. Put them all in a large bowl, cover with water and set in the fridge for 6-8 hours. Pick up where the recipe starts off for the same results!
If you enjoyed this baked beans with bacon recipe, check out these other easy slow cooker recipes:
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Garlic Dill Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- 15 ounces white beans , rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces pinto beans , rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces light red kidney beans , rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces maple bacon , cooked and drained
- Add white, pinto, light red kidney, black beans, ketchup, light brown sugar, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, water, Worcestershire sauce and bacon to slow cooker.
- Give it a couple of quick stirs and then cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!