Ham and Cheese Casserole Recipe
This easy casserole recipe is the perfect go-to breakfast dish to serve to family and friends. It’s so simple to make and only takes 5 minutes of prep time before it goes into the oven. You won’t find an easier recipe than this Ham and Cheese Casserole!
Looking for an easy breakfast idea? This Ham and Cheese Casserole recipe is an eggless breakfast casserole that uses only 3 ingredients and bakes up in a snap!
Ham and Cheese Casserole is also known as the Kitchen Sink Casserole or the Deli Drawer Casserole, however, I usually end up making mine with ham and cheese.
I personally prefer to keep it more on the simple side but no matter how you prepare it, it’s always mouth-watering.
This dish derives its name exactly how you think it would. It is a “clean out your deli meat and cheese drawer” casserole. Now, it might sound like a bit of a throwaway, but it is worthy of any special morning.
The best part it? It is rarely the same, but always stellar. The second best part? It is super simple to build. The third best part? All of the ingredients are already in your house. Scratch that last-minute run to the store to figure out what is for breakfast.
If we are being honest, the holidays are tough when you are hosting or as a guest that wants to lend a hand. Plus, there are lots of meals eaten and even more leftovers in the fridge.
This recipe kills two birds with one stone. And even if you aren’t cooking for a crowd, you probably have some deli meat and some cheese in the fridge at the very least.
What did I use in this version? Honey ham and colby jack cheese! I also enjoy using salami and prosciutto with mozzarella and Muenster if I have them in the fridge.
Cooked veggies are wonderful in it. Think steamed or roasted broccoli or even potatoes. Lunch meat is a sinch. Cheese of almost any kind (not sure how I would feel about the blue variety) is fantastic. Throw in everything except the kitchen sink. You can use whatever you please.
Casseroles may seem antiquated but don’t let their old school name steer you away. They are a great way to feed a large family or visitors.
This recipe was first introduced to me by my mother while visiting her home in North Carolina, but since my usual go-to Chile Relleno Casserole isn’t pleasing to my egg-hating sister-in-law, this has become the second “go-to”.
Easy, simple, and darn tasty! I mean who doesn’t like layers of meat and cheese in flaky croissant dough?! The best part about this Ham and Cheese casserole is you only use 3 ingredients (excluding those that you may throw in,) and it still comes out of the oven smelling amazing and tasting delicious!
If you love breakfast casseroles, check out these other great easy breakfast ideas:
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bread
- The BEST Breakfast Sandwich
- Spinach and Mushroom Breakfast Cups
- Chile Relleno Breakfast Casserole
- Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- Pumpkin Waffles
- Orange Crush (a breakfast staple in Maryland!)
- Breakfast Burritos
- Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 2 cans refrigerated croissant rolls
- 16 slices honey ham or your choice of deli meat
- 16 slices cheese your choice
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1/2 croissant dough in a single layer.
- Layer cheese, ham, cheese and ham. Finish with a single layer of croissant dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes. If the tops starts to brown, loosely place a sheet of aluminum foil over top. Check at 20 minutes to make sure has cooked to a flaky, crisp crust. If not, return for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove and allow to sit for 5 minutes.