The trend of everything jalapeno popper continues with Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins. Delicious potatoes filled with cheese, pickled jalapenos and topped with cool sour cream.
Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins are bite-sized potatoes filled with 3 types of cheese, fresh jalapenos, bacon and cooled off with sour cream. Perfect for a snack or party appetizer!
I love anything spicy; in fact if it doesn’t force me to break a sweat, it isn’t hot enough! My next creation using fresh jalapeno peppers was to pair them with my favorite starchy root vegetable, potatoes!
Mix with decadent cream cheese and smother with gooey cheddar and pepper jack and you now have amazing-ness on a plate!
Unless you add… BACON! Sour cream to cool it off and you have the ultimate snack or party appetizer. Deliciousness on a plate.
You can make these Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins on average size potatoes or these baby red potatoes. For parties, I prefer the baby reds. They make it into a one-bite appetizer that doesn’t require any utensils or a plate.
If you like these Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins, you’ll love these other fabulous party appetizers!
If you are looking for even more fabulous appetizers, snag a copy of my Easy Appetizers Beyond Dips Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, one of these fun and festive appetizers sure to be the hit of any gathering!
Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes
- 1/2 cup cream cheese , softened
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos , minced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese , finely shredded and divided
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese , finely shredded and divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 jalapenos , sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream , for garnish
- 2 tablespoons bacon , cooked and crumbled
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub and dry potatoes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until soft when pricked with a fork. Allow to cool so they are easier to handle.
- Cut in half and spoon our the center, leaving a few millimeters around the edges to still have some potato.
- In a mixing bowl, blend softened cream cheese and hot sauce until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons pepper jack cheese, minced pickled jalapenos and kosher salt. Mix well.
- Spoon cheese mixture into each potato skin. Divide remaining shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese on the tops of each potato.
- Reduce temperture to 350 degrees. bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with sour cream, a slice of jalapeno and crumbled bacon. Serve hot.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!