Stuffed mushrooms are one of my favorite appetizers. I always find myself with more than one on my plate. These stuffed mushrooms with sausage have become my new favorite!
Alfredo Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are an easy, cheesy, creamy appetizer for all your upcoming dinner parties and holiday celebrations. With only a few ingredients, they’re ready in just 20 minutes!
I know that mushrooms are a love-or-hate food. I fall firmly in the love category, especially when it comes to stuffed mushrooms. They’re a bite-sized appetizer that I love to make for parties around the holidays. If you love regular stuffed mushrooms, I know you’re going to adore these Alfredo Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms!
I make stuffed mushrooms in a variety of ways. Sometimes just with a cream cheese filling, sometimes mushrooms stuffed with sausage and cream cheese, sometimes with jalapenos or sometimes I even turn larger portabella mushrooms into mini-pizzas. All quick, easy and delicious ways to eat stuffed mushrooms, but I decided to go beyond the basics with this recipe.
As you may have guessed, these Alfredo Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are made with a base of alfredo sauce. However, don’t let that trick you into thinking these are difficult to make.
Instead of using jarred alfredo sauce, I made my own with heavy cream, parmesan cheese and spices. It’s a shortcut on a true alfredo sauce that I would make for pasta but is quick, easy and flavorful.
I use Italian sausage in this recipe because it provides more flavor than other types of flavor and the slight spice pairs nicely with the creamy alfredo sauce.
I plan on serving these Alfredo Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms at upcoming holiday parties as an appetizer. I’m slightly addicted to them, definitely prepare several for each guest, and know that they will be a hit.
These are best served warm so they’re an appetizer you’ll want to finish up just before serving but they’re so easy to whip together that these stuffed mushrooms with sausage are an easy last minute appetizer.
Since you like these Alfredo Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms, you may like these other easy stuffed mushrooms recipes:
- Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- Creamy Jalapeno Stuffed Mushrooms
- Portabella Pizzas
- Broccoli Chicken Alfredo
If you are looking for even more fabulous appetizers, snag a copy of my Easy Appetizers Beyond Dips Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, one of these fun and festive appetizers sure to be the hit of any gathering!
Alfredo Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are an easy appetizer that's perfect for holiday parties. Everyone will love these stuffed mushrooms with sausage!
- 24 medium mushrooms
- 2 ounces Italian sausage (about 1 link) , cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper , blotted dry and minced
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese , finely shredded
- Dash of fine sea salt
- Dash of ground white pepper
- parsley , finely minced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Snap stems off mushroom caps, wipe with a damp paper towel to remove any residual dirt.
- Place mushroom caps on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream with parmesan cheese, whisking well until cheese melts. Add cooked and crumbled sausage, minced roasted red pepper, fine sea salt and ground white pepper.
- Spoon sausage mixture into mushroom caps.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and top with minced parsley. Serve.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!