Garlic Parmesan Chicken Recipe
This baked breaded chicken recipe is perfect to make for any day of the week. From the kitchen to your table will only take 35 minutes. Easy and delicious, does it get any better?
Garlic Parmesan Chicken is an easy weeknight meal option that everyone will love. A baked bread crumb chicken with loads of flavor.
I’m always on the hunt for new easy weeknight meals. We don’t have any kiddos, but hubby and I are busy!
Update: We now have a 1 1/2 year old and another one on the way!
There are some nights I find it cathartic to come home and whip up a fancy meal, but other nights I want to binge watch something on TV.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken is a baked breaded chicken recipe that has been used by busy moms for decades. Sometimes called Mayo Chicken, Mayonnaise Chicken or Chicken Cutlets and other times Italian Parmesan Chicken (which is too close to Chicken Parmesan for me), so I landed on Garlic Parmesan Chicken.
Mayonnaise, minced garlic, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper, Italian breadcrumbs, and boneless skinless chicken breast. Six ingredients, that’s all you need to make this deliciously easy and tender Garlic Parmesan Chicken.
Mayonnaise is made with eggs and oil so it accomplish two goals. The first is to hold all your yummy seasoning in place and the second is to keep your chicken juicy and moist. No melting off the sides like some sauces would, it actually bakes up and holds it all!
While some add the breadcrumb crust from the beginning, I prefer to add mine halfway through baking. This keeps the crust crunchy instead of getting all soggy.
Did you know that chicken has a lot of health benefits? Not only is it loaded with protein, it’s a lean meat that is filled with all the amino acids that your body needs. You’ll also find numerous vitamins and minerals that are good for you! Iron, zinc, vitamin A, selenium, and vitamin B12 just to name a few.
The best part is that chicken is filling but it’s low in fat, sodium, calories, and cholesterol which makes it an ideal meat to enjoy!
If you enjoyed this chicken cutlet recipe, check out these other easy chicken recipes:
Tools for making Garlic Parmesan Chicken:
Rimmed Baking Sheet– another kitchen staple! You’ll use this for prep work, roasting and much more. I have 7 at my house.
Meat Mallet– Also known as a meat tenderizer, I used to refer to any chicken recipe that used a tenderizer as “pounded chicken breast”.
Tenderizing chicken not only makes it a uniform thickness so it cooks more evenly, it also breaks down fibers making it more tender and easy to chew.
If you liked this Easy Dinner Recipe, snag a copy of my Easy Dinner Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, here is a small collection of time-saving, hearty and satisfying dinners guaranteed to get you in and out in 30 minutes or less!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken is an easy weeknight meal option that everyone will love! Only 6 ingredients and your easy chicken recipe is ready to serve!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese finely shredded
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-6 tablespoons bread crumbs with Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine mayo, garlic and parmesan cheese.
Lay each breast on a cutting board, cover with plastic wrap and tenderize until ½ inch thick using the flat side of the meat mallet. Repeat with each breast. Transfer to a baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Season each chicken breast with fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Divide mayonnaise mixture evenly on each chicken breast, spreading out to the edges.
Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and top each breast with bread crumbs, pressing down lightly to “catch”. The size of your chicken breasts will determine the amount of bread crumbs you use.
- Return to oven and bake for additional 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Cooking time might even be less depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- Remove and garnish with minced parsley or additional parmesan cheese, if desired.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!