Sometimes called a dunkaroo dip, this Funfetti Cake Batter Dip only needs 3 ingredients for the party perfect dessert dip!
Cake Batter Dip
Have you jumped on the dessert dip train yet? They seem to be sweeping the nations, and I’ve even seen dessert hummus, yes hummus!
I love them because they’re so easy to make and generally require only a few ingredients. They’re perfect if you just have a hankering for something sweet, or need a last minute dish for a party.
This Funfetti Cake Batter Dip recipe is reminiscent of a childhood favorite: Dunkaroos! Remember them? They came in that blue plastic container, one side with an icing dip and one side with cookies.
If you’re anything like me, you loved those things and were SO sad when they stopped making them. But, good news! This funfetti dip is a spot on copycat (it might be even better!)
Funfetti Cake Batter Dip Ingredients
When it comes to this dip, the ingredients could not be simpler. You only need a few:
- White cake mix – This is where you get all of your flavor. I prefer using white cake mix, but if you have funfetti, that works too! This is funfetti dip after all. Yellow cake mix would work as well, but just be aware that the color will be different.
- Whipped topping (Cool Whip) – This helps to give it a light and airy texture, and also adds some of the sweetness. Whipped topping is different from whipped cream. Whipped topping is made with vegetable oil and is more stable and will keep its shape longer than whipped cream which has the tendency to fall and get liquidy.
- Vanilla Greek yogurt – I don’t recommend using plain Greek yogurt for your Funfetti Cake Batter Dip just because it’s a little too tart. Vanilla has more sweetness and more flavor.
- Sprinkles – This is where you can get creative! Of course you can always use traditional sprinkles, but you can also customize your dip too! Use red, white and blue sprinkles for a Fourth of July celebration, or red and pink for Valentine’s Day. The options are endless!
There are so many different things you can use to dip into your Funfetti Cake Batter Dip! But here are some of my favorites:
- Animal crackers
- Graham crackers
- Vanilla wafers
- Fruit like strawberries, grapes or apples
A word of caution, though: what ever you choose to dip with, make sure you have a lot of it. Because this dip is seriously addicting and you may just end up eating it all in one sitting!
How to Make Funfetti Cake Mix Dip
As I said earlier, this recipe really is so easy. So easy in fact that it only requires two steps.
- Combine the cake mix, whipped topping and Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl. Mix everything until it is fully combined.
- Then gently fold in the sprinkles. I say “gently” because if you mix them too much, the colors will start to bleed and you’ll end up with a dish that looks more like unicorn poop than a dessert dip.
You can save some extra sprinkles to top the dip with if you’d like. If you aren’t going to serve it right away, be sure to refrigerate it until you are ready to serve.
More dessert dips:
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Funfetti Cake Batter Dip
- In a large mixing bowl, combine white cake mix, whipped topping and vanilla Greek yogurt. Mix until combined.
- Gently fold in 1-2 tablespoons festive sprinkles, being mindful to not stir too much or they will start to bleed colors. Top with additional festive sprinkles.
- Serve with animal crackers or other cookies.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how you liked it!