This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.
It seems like it took forever, but the leaves are finally changing color and cooler weather is approaching. Nothing makes me feel cozier during the chilly months than the perfect cheesy appetizer: Cheesy Jalapeño Quesadillas.
Cheesy, spicy and shareable Cheesy Jalapeño Quesadillas are the gooey appetizer everyone loves. Stacked with cheddar cheese, fresh jalapeños and shredded chicken, they are ready in just 10 minutes!
When the weather is cold, I like to heat things up with my food. Hot and spicy to be exact, and Cheesy Jalapeño Quesadillas do the trick!
Making a quesadilla seems like a simple task. Cheese, tortillas and some stuffing, right? But there is actually an art to making this comfort dish and it all comes down to the cheese.
Cheese is the glue that holds a quesadilla together, and gives it texture and flavor. Making sure you get optimal coverage to allow the pieces to stick together and get gooey cheese in every bite, is key.
This is why I love using Sargento® Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Using slices means that every piece of my quesadilla is getting equal cheesy love.
Found at my local Harris Teeter in the dairy aisle along with other pre-packaged sliced cheese, Sargento® is 100% real, natural cheese. I feel good about incorporating it into my family’s wholesome diet.
Cheesy Jalapeño Quesadillas are perfect for a quick lunch, an on-the-go snack, or as a shareable appetizer while watching the big game or bringing to a potluck. The ultimate non-utensil needing finger food! No one can resist gooey cheese.
I have such fond memories of watching football on Sundays as a kid. Our tradition was Mexican food. A giant tray of sheet pan nachos, quesadillas and chile relleno bites came out of the kitchen. All oozing with… you guessed it, CHEESE!
Heat from fresh jalapeños can vary greatly, so make sure to test the pepper you are using before deciding how much to put in each quesadilla. The cheese, chicken, and accompaniments will help tone it down. If fresh peppers are too spicy for your crew, substitute them with jarred, pickled jalapeños instead.
I serve my Cheesy Jalapeño Quesadillas with a side of salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. A shake of chili powder, fresh cilantro and lime wedges transform the dish into a beautiful serving platter, fit for any gathering.
Make sure to try some of the other fabulous Sargento® Sliced Cheese varieties, like Southwest, which blends the creaminess of Monterey Jack with Chipotle Cheddar, Colby and Pepper Jack cheeses. Or Italian Slices that blend the creaminess of Mozzarella with Romano, Parmesan, Fontina and Asiago cheeses.
Here are a few more recipes that use sliced cheese:
- Turkey, Swiss and Cranberry Mayo Roll-Ups
- Grilled Cheese Sticks
- Cuban Sliders
- Cheesy Caprese Quesadilla
- 8 ounces Sargento® Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 jalapeño , seeded and minced
- ½ cup chicken , cooked and shredded*
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place 4 flour tortillas on a clea n work space. Arrange half of the cheese slices, tearing if needed, to cover the surface area.
- Equally divide minced jalapeño and shredded chicken over the 4 tortillas. Top with remaining cheese slices and tortillas.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, carefully lower your first quesadilla into the skillet using a large spatula. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned, then flip.
- Continue with remaining quesadillas.
- Cut into fourths and serve with sides!
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
* Every week I pick a store-bought garlic and herb rotisserie chicken. Pre-cooked shredded chicken is the best chicken hack. It can be thrown into quesadillas, soup, chicken salad or eaten on its own. And you if you have some leftover at the end of the week, simply shred and freeze it.
Want to save even more on your Sargento® Cheese? From 11/1/18 – 11/31/18, you can save $0.75 on ONE (1) Sargento® Sliced Cheese at Harris Teeter (must be redeemed by 12/31/18) by clicking HERE!