Easy peasy Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes meets all of my requirements, into the pot in 10 minutes or less and then you SET IT AND FORGET IT!!!! You’ll fall in love with these cheesy potatoes with your first bite!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes stay super moist while cooking and are topped with loads of ooey, gooey CHEESE, bacon and seasoning.
Potatoes make my life complete!! I don’t know how many times I’m going to talk about my love for potatoes, but every time I post a recipe for potatoes get ready to read about it again.
Seriously I can’t think of anything better than potatoes, especially ones that are smothered in cheese and crumbled bacon!
I don’t know what I would do without my slow cooker! I’m sure I’ve said it before, but it makes my life a whole lot easier that’s for sure! Who would really say no to 10 minutes of prep work and letting this glorious device doing the rest of the work?! Not me, that’s who!
The slow cooker is actually an excellent option for cooking potatoes. It prevents them from drying out because all of the moisture is kept securely in the pot, allowing for fool-proof potatoes each and every time!
For this recipe, Ancho chili adds an element of kick that most slow cooker potato recipes lack. It is also perfect for large gathers and meals that involved a lot of hands on time cause this you can SET AND FORGET while you focus on the more cumbersome foods!
If you loved these crock pot cheesy potatoes, check out these easy potato recipes:
- 5-6 inch medium baking potatoes cut into 1 1/2 cubes
- 1 bunch scallions whites and greens chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Swiss cheese shredded
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled- if you add bacon, omit salt, optional
- 4 tablespoons butter diced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- Line your crock pot with aluminum foil. Trust me, so much easier to clean after the fact. I did two layers just to be sure! Spray lining with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in the pot, followed by scallions then spices and Swiss cheese. Dot the top with diced butter.
- Cover, SET IT AND FORGET IT! Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Ten minutes before serving sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Scoop out and enjoy your Cheesy Crock Pot Potatoes!