Picture this, it’s a hot summer day and you’re craving something sweet but also cool, refreshing and decadent. If that describes you, then this Cheesecake Milkshake recipe is perfect for you!
A Cheesecake Milkshake is ice cream blended with real cheesecake dotted with little pieces of graham cracker crumb crust. You can use different flavored cheesecakes for even more fun flavor combinations. Why have to sweetened cream cheese and grind graham crackers when you can buy it already put together?
What's In This Article
How This Recipe Came About?
The first time this drink was made, it was purely an accident. What happens when the ingredients for strawberry daiquiris run out and there is an assorted cheesecake platter sitting nearby? Listen I know it sounds like a long-shot scenario, but it happened.
The result? A new blended beverage is born: the Cheesecake Milkshake.
This frozen blended drink was created out of curiosity, but became an instant favorite, even being requested at parties along with my Strawberry BBC.
What to Grab
This uses simple ingredients, however cheesecake isn’t really a standard kitchen staple. If it is at your house, you are my hero!
- Vanilla frosting- For this variation, I used vanilla frosting with vanilla cheesecake, but you can use whatever frosting flavor you want or omit the frosting and sprinkles.
- Rainbow sprinkles– Or whatever sprinkles you have on hand. If you really like graham crackers, smash a few and use this to line the rim.
- Cheesecake with graham cracker crust- While my preference is to go with the classics and use plain old vanilla or chocolate cheesecake in my homemade milkshake, you can also use fruit swirled. I pick up the sampler platter with 3-4 slices of each at the grocery store and then blend each flavor for my guests
- Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt- I don’t suggest using yogurt to cut the calories, but let’s be frank, this isn’t a skinny drink, but it might just be what is in the freezer. The best base is vanilla, of course, but this is yet another way to mix things up and customize.
- Milk– Whole milk, skim milk, oat milk, almond milk, we don’t discriminate with the type of milk. It is simply used to think out the milkshake to a sippable consistency. You may need a little more or less depending on your cheesecake and milk texture.
- Whipped Cream & Cherries– Optional and for garnish.
How to Make a Cheesecake Milkshake
The process is simple, but ice cream melts, so work fast. Having a good quality, high powered blender is also key to mix up all the crust bits, but don’t overmix it or it will just liquify.
- Using a butter knife, smear the frosting along the rim of a large malt glass or mason jar. The frosting helps it stick and this step can be done ahead of time.
- Place the sprinkles in a shallow plate and roll the frosting lined glass, pressing down gently so they stick.
- Combine the cheesecake, ice cream and milk in a blender and mix for 30 seconds or until no lumps remain, but do not over mix. Due to the thickness of the cheesecake and crust, you shouldn’t need ice.
- Pour into the prepared glasses and garnish with whipped cream and cherries or other syrups and toppings. Have fun with it!
You can make it your own special combination by adding whatever your heart desires. The options are quite literally endless.
So you can pick any ice cream flavor, cheesecake flavor and add in any fruit, chocolate, candy, cake, dessert, sprinkles, liqueurs (the list goes on and on) and blend it with some milk and ice. Voila! You’ve made yourself a milkshake.
Just like with a slice of cheesecake, feel free to make a caramel or strawberry syrup drizzle or top with maraschino cherries and whipped cream.
To make a strawberry cheesecake milkshake, use plain cheesecake with strawberry ice cream and a few frozen or fresh strawberries. Do the same with blueberries for a blueberry cheesecake milkshake.
Vanilla vodka works best because it complements all the fruity flavors, but you could go with strawberry cheesecake and pair it with strawberry vodka and so on and so forth.
Let’s be honest, the vodka flavors these days are absolutely endless as are the flavor combos for these milkshakes!
Easy drink recipes:
Cheesecake Milkshake Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vanilla frosting
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 2 slices cheesecake with graham cracker crust , plain or with fruit/chocolate swirl
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherries
- Using a butter knife, smear the frosting along the rim of a large malt glass.
- Place the sprinkles in a shallow plate and roll the frosting lined glass, pressing down gently. Set aside.
- In a high quality blender, combine the cheesecake, ice cream, milk. Blend for 30 seconds or until no lumps remain, but do not over mix.
- Pour into the prepared glasses and garnish with whipped cream and cherries.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how you liked it in the comments or star ratings.
wow – can’t wait to try this one!
It is one of our favorites! We can make it next time you come to visit.