Need the perfect festive cocktail to serve this holiday season? A White Chocolate Martini, rimmed with candy canes is the perfect holiday dessert drink! Learn how to make this simple cocktail recipe for easy entertaining and more!
What's In This Article
White Chocolate Martini
This classic White Chocolate Martini goes by a few names—the White Christmas Martini, Snowflake Martini and White Chocolatini. No matter what you call it, you’re in for a treat because this dessert drink is an utter treat!
And it’s incredibly simple to make at home, too, if you’ve got the right ingredients.
The White Chocolate Martini is a recipe that’s perfect for an occasion—whether you’re celebrating holidays with loved ones or simply want a fancy after-dinner drink to share with friends.
It does have some more specialty ingredients that you will need to seek out at your local liquor store, but once you have them, you can mix one of these drinks up whenever the mood strikes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Vodka—we’re using regular vodka in this recipe, though vanilla vodka would add wonderful flavor if you want to add that to yours.
- White chocolate liqueur—this is the base of our martini, and it’s well-worth going to look for since it’s a little different than white crème de cocoa. It’s got low alcohol content, but it provides a ton of white chocolate flavor with some notes of vanilla, too.
- White crème de cocoa—this is the other layer of our martini, and it adds to the chocolate flavor and aroma of the martini.
- Half-and-half—this is adding the extra creaminess to our cocktail. Do not replace it with milk, as it won’t be thick enough for the drink to really sing.
- White chocolate or white chocolate melts—we’ll use this to rim our glasses! Plan to melt about ¼ cup of chips or melts to dip your glass(es) in.
- Peppermint or candy canes—if you’re making a White Christmas Martini, you’ve GOT to use crushed candy canes for the most festive rim ever!
What is white chocolate liqueur?
White Chocolate Liqueur transforms this from a classic Chocolate Martini to a White Chocolate Martini.
It’s a distilled spirit with low alcohol content that sings of white chocolate and vanilla. It contains dairy, too, so keep that in mind.
It goes without saying that this liqueur is utterly decadent and could be enjoyed on the rocks, as well as in this martini recipe.
There are many brands of white chocolate liqueur, but I would like to note that Godiva is my favorite.
How to make a White Chocolate Martini
- Rim your glasses. Melt white chocolate (or white chocolate melts) and dip the rim(s) of your glass(es) into it. There doesn’t need to be a ton on this, so don’t feel like you need to melt a ton of chocolate! Dip the martini glass(es) into the crushed candy canes for a festive White Christmas Martini rim.
- Combine the ingredients in a shaker. Make sure the shaker is full of ice before adding the vodka, white chocolate liqueur, white crème de cocoa and half-and-half.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds, until the cocktail shaker is incredibly cold.
- Pour into your prepared glass, and serve with your favorite garnish!
Pro tip: Use a cocktail strainer to keep ice from falling into your prepared martini glasses! It’ll make for better presentation and less mess.
Garnishes and Storage
Depending on the time of year, you can change up your garnishes!
- Cocoa powder
- White chocolate shavings
- Crushed candy canes (for a White Christmas Martini)
- Fresh fruit, like strawberries or raspberries
The Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur does have cream in it, however you don’t need to store it in the refrigerator. You can store the white chocolate liqueur in a cool, dark place after opening. However, you can store it in the refrigerator if you like yours chilled.
Martini glasses are shaped the way they are—a wide top with a skinnier bottom—to help expose the spirits to air.
Why do this? The air helps bring out the spirit’s flavor and complexity, which is something martinis are known for.
More festive drink ideas:
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
White Chocolate Martini
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces white chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounces white crème de cacao
- 1 ounces half-and-half
- Prepare the martini glasses by dipping the rims in the melted white chocolate, then into the crushed candy canes. (Alternately, you could leave the rim clear or just use sugar in the rim if you’re not making a White Christmas Martini.)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the vodka, white chocolate liqueur, white crème de cocoa and half-and-half.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain as you pour into the prepared glasses, and enjoy immediately.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or ratings!