When it comes to brunches, individual portions that are easy to serve are the way to go. These Mini Quiche are perfect for just grabbing what you want, and getting to enjoy a nice brunch with no fuss!
Make easy and delicious individual Mini Quiche! Goat cheese quiche are eggs whipped with goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese.
My recent obsession has been with goat cheese. I’m sure I’m not alone here. Anything I can stuff it in or spread it on is right up my alley. It only makes natural sense that I would also want to whip it into a goat cheese mini quiche!
The tangy flavor of goat cheese compliments so many items. When shopping for goat cheese look for a label that reads “Chevre”. This ensures that is made from pure goats milk and not partially cow’s milk.
The mainstream variety of goat cheese is a creamy spread, however it can come in other consistencies ranging all the way to hard and crumbly.
The flavor can also vary from mild (good on crackers and used in spreads) to pungent and robust (for the lover of stinky cheese). Pair it with a crisp white wine for flavor enhancement.
If you are making the crust from scratch, you’ll need 4.75 inch round fluted tart pans with removable bases. You can also buy frozen, pre-made individual crusts to cut down on time.
Check out these other easy vegetarian recipes:
- Chile Relleno Quiche
- Sweet Potato Quiche Recipe
- Chile Relleno Breakfast Casserole
- Asparagus Quiche
- Chickpeas and Poached Eggs
- Sweet Potato Hashbrowns
Tools for making Mini Quiche:
Stand Mixer– I lived for years without one and I can tell you with 100% confidence that life with one is easier and it is worth the investment.
Rolling Mat– For rolling out any dough or cookies or just protecting your counters and work space!
Rolling Pin – not just for cookies! Also for quiche!
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
- 2 cups flour
- 9 tablespoons cold butter chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan/romano cheese
- 3-6 tablespoons cold water
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 4.5 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- fine sea salt & pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or electric hand mixer, add flour and butter until mixture is fine and grainy. Add cheese and 2 tablespoons cold water. Process until mixture just comes together to form a dough (add the extra tablespoons of water only if necessary). Dough will be dry.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and shape into a ball, flatten to make a disc. It may crumble and fall apart, but do the best you can! Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 equal sections. On the same lightly floured surface, roll out dough until 2-3mm thin and round in shape. Line the pastry dishes with dough, pressing it into the crevices with your fingers. Trim excess dough from the tops. Using your fingers round the edges and patch in gaps using extra dough. Discard extra dough. Pierce the bottoms of the shells 3 times with a fork. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all shells on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly brown. Keep an eye out- these can go bad fast since they are so thin. Remove from oven and set aside until you are ready to make the goat cheese quiche.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or electric hand mixer, whip goat cheese until smooth. Add lightly beaten eggs slowly. Mixture will be mostly smooth, maybe a little gloppy. That is okay.
- Place equal amounts of pine nuts and sun dried tomatoes in each quiche shell. Using a large spoon or ladle, fill each shell with the goat cheese mixture right up to the top.
- Top with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the filling is spongy to the touch. Remove and garnish with chives and additional sun dried tomatoes (if desired). Serve warm.