Saltine Cracker Toffee Recipe
This easy Butter Toffee recipe is one of my favorite holiday indulgences. I mean really, it is basically hardened caramel covered in chocolate. How could you go wrong?
Saltine Cracker Toffee is a classic butter toffee on top of crunchy, buttery crackers. Make this classic holiday treat in just 20 minutes using 5 ingredients!
I have a love for toffee, crunchy, stick to my teeth toffee. Whether it be just plain, dotted with nuts or drizzled with melted chocolate, I love every type, but my love for the salty and sweet flavor affinity makes any type of saltine cracker toffee my absolute favorite.
Make sure to PIN Saltine Cracker Toffee!
Traditional saltine toffee uses plain old saltine crackers. Light and delicate, but covered in salt, these are the perfect base to be smothered in liquid gold butter toffee mix.
But I have a new type of saltine toffee, the type that uses Ritz crackers instead of old school saltines.
Ritz crackers are essentially a buttery version of saltine. Still flaky and salty, but with more flavor in the actual cracker. Why not add more butter?
I like to top my saltine toffee off with a spread of chocolate, but you can make yours with or without. If you like this butter toffee, also check out my Candy Toffee and Bacon Chocolate Saltine Toffee!
All the perfect addition to your cookie tray and ideal for making ahead and taking to potluck parties. People always go ga-ga over toffee! In fact, you might even hear it referred to as Christmas Crack around the holiday season.
Tools for making Saltine Cracker Toffee:
9 x 13 Glass Baking Dish– an absolute essential for any kitchen! Use it for baking, marinating or storing. Get one with a lid, you’ll thank me later.
Heavy Bottom Sauce Pan– this will be one of your most used kitchen tools. Having something that is heavy bottom will distribute heat better and prevent burning whether you are using an electric or gas range.
Offset Spatula – The best way to spread melted chocolate and frosting!
If you like Saltine Toffee, you’ll be sure to love these other easy dessert recipes!
- Caramel Apple Bites with Brie
- Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzels
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
If you are looking for even more dessert recipes, snag a copy of my Easy Dessert Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, these easy dessert recipes are ready with less than 30 minutes hands-on time and are sure to please all your family friends. From no-bake to make-ahead, you are sure to find something you love!
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Saltine Cracker Toffee
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, carefully folding the edges so you can easily lay the crackers flat.
- Line baking dish with crackers.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring frequently until fully combined and smooth. Do not boil. Pour over crackers. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Using an offset spatula, spread chocolate over the top.
- Remove, sprinkle with coarse sea salt, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove parchment paper and cut into squares.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!