Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies are an unexpected cookie sandwich filled with a sweet bacon jam and then dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt.
I already use my Bourbon Bacon Jam in a multitude of ways. Spread on a BLT, hamburger, on a piece of bread, on top of deviled eggs or in COOKIES! You heard right foodie friends, I make Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies! BACON. JAM. COOKIES. You are welcome!
OK, starting drooling right here. Bacon goes delightfully well with sweet flavors, my Candied Bacon is proof enough of that. Now envision the same sweet mix with crunchy Nilla Wafers, chocolate and a light sprinkling of sea salt. Because who doesn’t love sweet and salty?
The process is no-bake (if you don’t count the bacon jam), just heating up some chocolate. I used dark chocolate wafers and double boiler, but you can also get the microwaveable tub. Fleur de sel, my favorite flaky sea salt for desserts finished off theses unique Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies! Milk chocolate works just as well and is a personal preference.
I hope you like my Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies as much we do!!!
Tools for making Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies:
- Double Boiler– A double boiler is used so much in the kitchen, if you don’t have one, you should! From melting chocolate to making frostings and hollandaise sauce, it will be a true workhorse.
- Microwavable Chocolate– This is the easy way out. Just nuke it and dip. Plus, little to no clean-up.
- Dry Rack– the same as a cookie cooling rack. Great for allowing your little cookies to dry.
- Fleur de Sel– I use this on so MANY desserts! If you like salty and sweet, this is the salt for you!
If you like these little cookie bites, you’ll also love these easy no bake dessert recipes:
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- Strawberry Pudding Trifle
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cookie Bomb
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pie