Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies are an unexpected cookie. It might seem like an odd combination at first. Do you like bacon? Do you like chocolate? Do you like sweet and salty? Then you you are going to love these cookies!
What's In This Article
Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies are an unexpected no bake cookie sandwich filled with a sweet bacon jam and then dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt.
I already use my Bourbon Bacon Jam in a multitude of ways. Spread on a BLT, hamburger, on a piece of bread, on top of deviled eggs or in COOKIES! You heard right foodie friends, I make Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies!
BACON. JAM. COOKIES. You are welcome!
OK, starting drooling right here. Bacon goes delightfully well with sweet flavors, my Candied Bacon and Maple Bacon Cheesecake is proof enough of that. Now envision the same sweet mix with crunchy Nilla Wafers, chocolate and a light sprinkling of flaky salt.
The process to make Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies is no-bake (if you don’t count the bacon jam). Just heat up chocolate. I used dark chocolate wafers and double boiler, but you can also get the microwaveable tub.
Fleur de sel, my favorite flaky sea salt for desserts, but you can use any type of coarse salt you desire, even Maldon or a pink himalayan sea salt for pretty color.
If you prefer a different type of chocolate, say milk chocolate or even a colored chocolate for festive holiday cookies, be my guest to make them any combo you like.
The white chocolate is just for presentation. And yes, I am aware that white chocolate isn’t actually chocolate at all (smiley face.)
Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies are also great for Christmas Cookie platters and trays!
Tools for making Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies:
Double Boiler– A double boiler is used so much in the kitchen, if you don’t have one, you should! From melting chocolate to making frostings and hollandaise sauce, it will be a true workhorse.
Microwavable Chocolate– This is the easy way out. Just nuke it and dip. Plus, little to no clean-up.
Dry Rack– the same as a cookie cooling rack. Great for allowing your little cookies to dry.
Fleur de Sel– I use this on so MANY desserts! If you like salty and sweet, this is the salt for you!
If you like these little cookie bites, you’ll also love these easy no bake dessert recipes:
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- Strawberry Pudding Trifle
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cookie Bomb
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
Dark Chocolate Bacon Cookies
- 1/2 cup Bourbon Bacon Jam , room temperture or at a spreadable consistency (click for recipe)
- 30 Nilla Wafers
- 8 ounces chocolate melting wafers
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel
- 2 ounces white chocolate , for drizzling, optional
- Spread Bourbon Bacon Jam on 15 Nilla Wafers, sandwich with the other half to make 15 cookies.
- Melt chocolate melting wafers in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Dip each cookie in the dark chocolate, tap to remove excess and place on a cooling rack to drip. Drizzle with white chocolate melted in a plastic baggie with the corner snipped.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel while chocolate is still wet.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, then keep at room temperture in an airtight container. Chocolate Bacon Jam Cookies are best eaten within 2 days.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how they were!
ooooh I love this combination- such a great idea!
Wow these look amazing!