I don’t know about you but I absolutely love desserts with strawberries, especially ones that are smothered in a dulce de leche sauce! Trust me when I tell you this Dulce de Leche Dessert Panini will become one of your most requested desserts!
Dulce de Leche Dessert Panini is made up of layers of decadent dulce de leche, gooey marshmallow, and freshly sliced berries all in a buttery croissant! This dessert only takes 10 minutes to make and is OH so good!
Why don’t we eat more sandwiches for dessert? Is it just because there aren’t a lot of sweet breads? It is silly, right?
I decided to venture out beyond cookie sandwiches and ice cream sandwiches and instead made a dessert panini using buttery, flaky croissant.
Layered with melted marshmallows, sliced fresh fruit and sticky and sweet dulce de leche sauce. If you don’t have dulce de leche sauce, use caramel sauce.
I used my handy, dandy panini press, but you can also whip up this dessert sandwich like a grilled cheese. Just melt a small amount of butter in a skillet and add the sandwich, smashing down with a spatula and then flipping. Same outcome, just no pretty grill marks.
If you loved this dessert with dulce de leche, check out these other easy dessert recipes:
- 4 large butter croissants
- 4 tablespoons Dulce de Leche or Salted Caramel Sauce
- 8 strawberries thinly sliced (or other berry)
- 8 large marshmallows cut each into 4 slices, or brie
- Cooking spray
- Slice each croissant in half lengthwise. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of Dulce de Leche spread on each half.
- On one side, layer strawberry slices (or other berry of choice). On the other side make a single layer of marshmallow slices (or brie).
- Bring the two sides together to form a sandwich. Heat your panini press.
- Coat lightly with cooking spray and grill for 2 minutes, or until marshmallow (brie) starts to melt and ooze.
- Remove with a spatula, cut in half and enjoy your dessert!