These Dijon Roasted Potatoes will be a hit with your family and friends! They’re pleasantly different than your usual roasted potatoes recipe you use. This will become your new go-to potato side dish recipe!
This Dijon Roasted Potatoes recipe is the perfect potato side dish to serve alongside chicken or steak!
These oven roasted potatoes are packed full of flavor from being tossed in dijon mustard, butter, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, parsley, and salt and pepper!
I’ve shared my love for potatoes . In fact, I have trouble not posting more about tubers, but I realize not everyone shares my affinity for the lovely root vegetable.
Although categorized by some as a starch, I still view it as a vegetable dense in nutrients, vitamins and dietary fiber and therefore it is “A- OKAY” in my book. Dr. Oz also agrees with me: POTATOES ARE GOOD FOR YOU!!!
This variety is made with Dijon mustard, which adds pizazz to the blank potato canvas, waking up your taste buds. Because the taste is so pungent, I recommend serving these with something else on the tame side, like chicken breasts marinated in Italian Dressing and grilled or a basic steak.
I actually used the leftovers in a green salad. The Dijon base replaced the need for any additional dressing.
While many recipes call for just “dijon mustard,” there are different types and you can radically change a recipe depending on which one you use.
The most apparent is whether you choose a smooth or coarse grain. Others have flavor. For this potato recipe, you can use any type you want!
If you loved this roast potatoes seasoning, check out some of these other easy potato recipes:
This Dijon Roasted Potatoes recipe is the perfect potato side dish to serve alongside chicken or steak! These oven roasted potatoes are packed full of flavor!
- 6 medium red potatoes , quartered
- 1/2 sweet onion , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons salted butter , melted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard,melted butter, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, dried parsley, fine sea salt and black pepper.
- Toss quartered red potatoes and sliced sweet onion in the mixture.
- Remove potatoes and onions using a slotted spoon and tapping off excess mix. Place on the rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Reserve dijon mix.
- Remove, turn and rotate potatoes and onion. Drizzle with dijon mixture. Discard remaining mixture.
- Continue roasting for an additional 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Size of potatoes can vary greatly, so use your best judgement.
Finish off by placing potatoes under a high broiler to get them browned and crispy.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!