With chunks of tender beef, soft egg noodles and a dreamy gravy to cover it all, this Crock Pot Beef and Noodles recipe is the ultimate comfort food.
During the hustle and bustle of the holidays, slow cooker recipes are a life saver. Those busy weeknights with picking this kids up from school, finishing shopping and making dinner on top of it all are hard.
But that’s where this crock pot beef and noodles recipe comes in handy. It’s an easy recipe that is basically dump and go. It’s comforting, delicious and something the whole family will love to eat, similar to crock pot swedish meatballs.
When it comes to easy recipes, this beef is one of my favorite meals. It’s hearty, filling and so full of flavor. Top with a sprinkle of fresh parsley for the perfect meal!
Crock Pot Beef and Noodles Ingredients
One of my favorite parts of this recipe is how simple the ingredients are. They’re easily found at your local grocery store if you don’t already have them on hand.
- Meat – If your grocery store sells beef stew meat, that’s the way to go. It’s already cut into chunks for you. But you can just as easily use a beef roast like a chuck roast and just cut it yourself.
- Seasoning – To season this meal, I use a bland of Kosher salt, dried basil, dried parsley, onion powder, garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper. Easy, simple and delicious.
- Cream of mushroom soup – Cream of soups are truly amazing. Packed with flavor and such a simple, pantry staple. And that’s just what you need after a long day- simple!
- Worcestershire sauce – Such an underrated ingredient! Besides being an excellent steak seasoning, it adds delicious flavor to this pure comfort food.
- Beef broth – Go for the unsalted version of beef broth. If all you have is salted, make sure to omit the Kosher salt so that your crockpot beef and noodles don’t turn out too salty.
- Egg noodles – I like to use the extra wide noodles. That way they’re able to soak up all of that delicious gravy mixture. Cook egg noodles according to package instructions. You can use store-bought noodles or homemade egg noodles.
How to Make Crock Pot Beef and Noodles
Slow cooker recipes are exactly what I need on a busy week day- quick and easy! Check out just how easy this recipe is.
- Prepare meat. Cut the meat into chunks, if not already done and add to crockpot .
- Combine seasoning. Mix together the salt, basil, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Sprinkle over meat and stir to mix.
- Make gravy base. In a small bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup and Worcestershire sauce and pour over meat .
- Add broth. Pour the beef broth over meat mixture and stir to combine.
- Slow cook. Cover and cook until the beef is tender. Cooking time depends on whether you cook it on high or low.
- Boil noodles. About 30 minutes before the beef is done cooking, cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and stir into the beef mixture.
Some recipes advise cooking the noodles in the slow cooker and we have tested this, but they soak up quite a bit of the broth, so you’ll need to compensate by adding more.
They also tend to get a little gummy since the broth isn’t just pure liquid. We preferred being able to taste the difference between yolky egg noodles and the beef mixture.
I like this recipe just as it is written, however, there are plenty of ways for you to make it your own. Here are our favorites.
- Noodles – If you aren’t a fan of egg noodles, you can use any type of buttery noodles that you’d like. Homemade noodles are surprisingly easy to make if you have the time!
- Potatoes – Alternatively, you can serve these tender chunks of beef over mashed potatoes. You can combine the liquid from the slow cooker with some corn starch to make a delicious gravy to top them with too.
- Soup – Instead of using cream of mushroom soup, you can substitute it for sour cream instead. It makes for a much more creamy sauce and tastes more like beef stroganoff– but still delicious!
- Vegetables– At the end, stir in a bag of frozen veggies. Our favorite is the pea, carrot and corn mixture.
Storage and Freezing
Storage: This crock pot beef and noodles is just as good the next day! Store any leftover beef in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay good for up to three days.
Freezing: You can also freeze this recipe for up to three months. I would only freeze the beef and boil the noodles when ready to reheat and eat.
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
Crock Pot Beef and Noodles Recipe
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds beef stew meat or beef roast , cut into chunks
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup , canned or homemade
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 16 ounces dry extra wide egg noodles
- Mix together the salt, basil, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper.
- Add the beef to the pot of the slow cooker and sprinkle with the spice mixture, tossing to combine.
- Add the beef broth, cream of mushroom soup and Worcestershire sauce, giving it a few quick stirs to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 or until beef is tender.
- About 30 minutes before beef is done cooking, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain the noodles and stir into beef mixture.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or star ratings.