If you enjoy chicken pasta recipes, then you’ve come to the right place. My Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken Pasta recipe is the perfect meal to enjoy any day of the week. Everyone will love this chicken and pasta recipe!
This Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken Pasta recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare, is healthy and freezer friendly when cooked!
You know my slow cooker rules- everything must be in the pot in under 10 minutes, and Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken Pasta fits the bill.
This recipe stands true as you pile everything in, SET IT AND FORGET IT!!!! A healthy and inexpensive option for any busy weeknight meal.
One recommendation I have for this recipe is to opt for a cheaper balsamic vinegar. Prices and quality range greatly and price doesn’t necessarily correlate with quality.
For something like balsamic reduction or salad dressing, you want a good, quality balsamic vinegar. But for this, go for the cheap stuff. It is mixed with so many other things that the quality won’t really shine through. In fact, it might be overwhelming.
So what makes it so good? The original balsamic vinegar is made from reducing white Trebbiano grape juice. The original process is still in practice, the product that it produces is very expensive going for up to $200 per ounce!
That is SO out of my budget! The cost comes from aging the product to reduce and thicken for a period of 12 years or more. This will be labeled as Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale. Chances are you won’t find it at your regular grocery store, so don’t worry about accidentally buying it.
Regular store-bought balsamic vinegar is a combination of wine vinegar and other ingredients to simulate the taste and texture of the real (and expensive) stuff. This is the stuff you want to use for Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken Pasta.
The third type of balsamic vinegar will be labeled condiment grade balsamic vinegar, which is aged less than 12 years and usually combination for the regular store-bought stuff and the traditionally prepared. This is the “good” stuff I keep on hand for salads, finishing and reductions.
Come your cheap balsamic vinegar with a handful of ingredients you probably already have in the pantry and you are all set. Balsamic Chicken Pasta is also a freezer-friendly recipe, so make double!
More easy pasta dishes:
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken Pasta
- 4 chicken breasts , boneless and skinless
- 45 ounces canned petite diced tomatoes , drained
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large sweet onion , thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 14 ounces canned stems and pieces mushrooms , drained
- 4 cups whole wheat spaghetti
- Parmesan Cheese , for garnish
- Combine chicken breasts, drained petite diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, sliced onion, Italian seasoning and garlic. Give it a quick stir to coat the chicken.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 6 hours.
- Before, as soon as you take the lid off, ladle off any fats that floated up from the chicken. Remove chicken and using two forks, shred chicken. Return to pot along with drained mushrooms.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!