This post originally appeared on Real Housemoms, where I am a contributor.
Did you ever have a mayonnaise chicken? Think of Bacon Ranch Chicken as mayonnaise chicken with a massive makeover.
Bacon Ranch Chicken is an easy baked chicken recipe using a creamy mayonnaise base with bacon and ranch seasoning.
Easy weeknight meals are always in demand. We have busy lives and need to make home cooked meals in a jiffy. Bacon Ranch Chicken will be your new favorite solution.
It came like a lightbulb after making Garlic Parmesan Chicken. Made with less than 10 ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and refrigerator, you’ll be eating it at least once a week!
Mayonnaise chicken has been a family meal staple since the 1950’s. It helps keep the chicken nice and juicy, while also adding loads of flavor. I bet your mother made it!
Mayonnaise is made from eggs and oil and is therefore the perfect ingredient to use for the base. It holds the rest of the ingredients together instead of letting them slide right off. With cheddar baked right in, it is full of cheesy goodness.
And what goes better with cheddar and ranch than bacon? Nothing! They are like spaghetti and meatballs or peanut butter and jelly. Bacon makes everything better, duh.
Take it one step further and add MORE cheese to the top after baking for ultra cheesy goodness. My husband also likes a side dipping sauce of ranch dressing. He is saucy, what can I say.
Serve with a leafy green side salad or simply steamed vegetables and a dinner and you are all set! A meal your whole family will enjoy in just 30 minutes!
If you need more easy chicken recipes, check out:
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- French Onion Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Coconut Mango Chicken Skillet
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry Ranch seasoning
- 2-6 tablespoons bread crumbs with Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons bacon crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, garlic, dry Ranch seasoning and cheddar cheese.
- Lay each breast on a cutting board, cover with plastic wrap and tenderize until ½ inch thick. Repeat with each breast. Transfer to a baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Season each chicken breast with fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Divide mayonnaise mixture evenly on each chicken breast, spreading out to the edges.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and top each breast with bread crumbs, pressing down lightly to “catch”. The size of your chicken breasts will determine the amount of bread crumbs you use.
- Return to oven and bake for additional 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Cooking time might even be less depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
Remove, top with bacon and serve.
If you've tried this recipe, come back through and let us know how you liked it!