This homemade apple sauce recipe is a lovely treat to enjoy any time you feel like! The kids will love this bright and fun classic twist on their typical apple sauce even more!
Quick Cran Apple Sauce really lives up to its name by only taking 10 minutes to make! All it takes is a couple apples, a handful of cranberries, a splash of juice, and some sugar to make 3 cups of homemade applesauce!
Simple, homemade and delicious. Just the way I like things. Quick Cran Apple Sauce only takes 10 minutes to prepare with no additives or preservatives. You can adjust levels of tart and sweet based on the amount of cranberries and sugar are added.
I like my homemade apple sauce to be a little bitter, so I add more cranberries, making this beautiful magenta color. This particular homemade apple sauce is bitter sweet due to the addition of a handful of cranberries.
The result is a rosy pink sauce that will brighten any meal. Serve by itself or with pork chops, either way you will enjoy!
Pork and applesauce are the best complementing flavors ever! Whether you are just frying up a few pork chops or your make a Spiced Apple Pork Tenderloin, Easy Cran Apple Sauce is a great choice as a side or starter. Also check out my tips on how to prevent your apples from browning.
This recipe is just one of the many ways to use cranberries. Cranberries can be used in salads, sauces, desserts, meats, you name it and you can most likely incorporate cranberries in someway.
Most people don’t realize cranberries are full of vitamins, antioxidants, have anti-inflammatory properties, and have many other health benefits. They shouldn’t only be used around the holidays, they’re great all year round!
If you liked this easy apple sauce in the microwave recipe, check out these other easy apple recipes:
- Apple Monkey Bread
- Creamy Apple Pork Chops
- Apple Spiced Pork Tenderloin and Stuffing
- Cinnamon Apple Scones
10- Minute Cran-Apple Sauce
- 2 Red Delicious apples peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Place prepared apples, cranberries and apple juice in a medium microwave safe bowl. Cover loosely.
- Microwave for 3 minutes. Remove, stir, microwave for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove and allow to sit for a few minutes to cool. Add sugar.
- Mashing is a matter of preference. For lumpier sauce you can use a potato masher or fork to the desired consistency. For a smoother version, place in a food processor and grind until the desired consistency.
- Enjoy warm or place in the refrigerator to chill before serving. Store chilled in an airtight container.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back to let us know how it was!