What could be better than a whole bowl of ooey, gooey, melty cheese topped with chorizo? Absolutely nothing! You’ll be begging for more as soon as you have your first taste of this white queso dip.
White Queso Dip is an easy appetizer that is perfect for parties or watching the big game! This Mexican cheese dip is the BEST cheese dip you will ever make!
A night out at El Salto, a local Mexican restaurant, began with three ladies finishing off an entire bowl of White Queso Dip with Chorizo and three baskets of freshly made tortilla chips.
Okay, okay, maybe we ordered two bowls. And licked the bowl clean with our fingers. Needless to say, the white queso dip was delicious and needed to be replicated as soon as possible.
I grilled our waitress until she gave me the proprietary cheese blend (she had no idea what I was up to). The ironic part? Most of the cheese is white American, not even traditional Mexican cheeses.
The truth is, White American actually melts really smooth, making it ideal for queso dips. You can use it as a chip dip or even dip veggies into it, yummy!
Nothing beats a bowl of ooey, gooey, melty white queso dip unless it is topped with chorizo. Chorizo, Mexican sausage, has a smoky and slightly spicy flavor.
However, it tends to be a little greasier than other sausages. Make sure to cook it separate and drain well so you end up with all the flavor and not an oil slick.
It is safe to say that White Queso Dip with Chorizo will be THE BEST cheese dip you will ever make! You can smother it over any Mexican dish, use it as a dipping sauce or even stuff quesadillas.
It’s so creamy and delicious! You can literally put this stuff on everything your heart desires!
If you loved this chorizo dip, you’ll love these other easy dip recipes:
- Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Hot Caprese Dip
- Hot Crab Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Queso Fundido
Tools for making White Queso Dip with Chorizo:
Mini Food Processor– I use this thing daily! It is by far my most used kitchen appliance, it is small and I throw all the parts into the dishwasher, well except the base and cord, of course!
Heavy Bottom Sauce Pan– this will be one of your most used kitchen tools. Having something that is heavy bottom will distribute heat better and prevent burning whether you are using an electric or gas range.
Cast Iron Country Kettle- serving hot cheese dips in a cast iron kettle will help them keep in the heat and stay super creamy and gooey longer than a regular dish and prevents scalding and over cooking, like it would in a slow cooker.
Check out our other popular recipes:
- Nashville Hot Sauce Using Butter (Not Oil)
- Hibachi Sauce
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Garbage Plates
- Cheesy Tater Tots
- Maryland Style Crab Cakes
- Easy Hush Puppies
- Cornell Chicken
- Balsamic Reduction
- Homemade Horseradish Sauce
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
White Queso Dip with Chorizo
- 1/4 cup white onion finely minced
- 3/4 pounds white American cheese torn into 1 inch pieces
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 links of Chorizo sausage casings removed, cooked and chopped to resemble ground beef
- 1 slice jalapeno optional for garnish
- Tortilla chips
- Place all cheeses and onion into a food processor and pulse several times to mix. The finer the mixture, the cleaner and smoother it will melt.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and then add the cheese mixture through whole milk over medium heat. Continuously whisk the mixture until it is fully melted and smooth (maybe a few small bumps from the onions). Do not heat too high or keep it over heat.
- Whisk in salt and pepper.
- While still hot, transfer cheese to a serving bowl, top with diced chorizo (some will sink). Garnish with jalapeno. You can stir in the sausage to combine. Serve with tortilla chips.