Want the perfect easy appetizer that is super simple to whip up? Then you need to make this Chili Cheese Dip– crockpot or in the microwave. Minimal ingredients, fast and super cheesy and delicious!
If you are a fan of dips you need to make this 3 ingredient Chili Cheese Dip, whips up in under 10 minutes and is fool-proof!
When it comes to dip recipes this Chili Velveeta Cheese Dip is one of the easiest recipes to make.
We make this dip regularly and we can never get enough, it is so simple to make and you can really change up the flavors easily.
What ingredients do you need?
- Chili with no beans
When we make this chili cheese dip we like to use picante sauce, the chunks of the salsa are smaller so you won’t really notice on the texture but it gives it a little kick.
PRO TIP: This recipe can be made on the stove-top or microwave.
We have been making this recipe for many years and we have switched it up so many times that we really don’t have a “go-to” version, it’s more or less what we have on hand.
How to make chili cheese dip
In a large bowl or in saucepan add your velveeta, chili and salsa, microwave for about 6 minutes, stirring once in between until cheese is melted.
If you are making this on the stovetop then you will stir in regular intervals combining everything together until cheese is melted.
And if you are making in the slow cooker, place all ingredients into the crockpot for low for about 1 hour, stirring regularly.
Pour out into a serving dish and top with chopped tomatoes, green onions and cilantro if desired.
Chili dip variations
- Top with olives.
- Add in ground beef to make it a meatier version, we do this often as well.
- You can use different versions of velveeta like the queso blanco to make the flavor different as well as swapping out velveeta for cream cheese.
PRO TIP: This recipe can easily be doubled for larger crowds or parties, this will serve a family but for larger gatherings I would at least double.
How long does chili cheese dip last?
If you have any leftover it is best to store in an airtight container like a tupperware container and it should be good for up to 3 days.
This recipe is really a fool-proof one that seems to go really fast when people see that you have made it.
It is a classic that everyone loves, that everyone has their own twist on. I don’t know if I’ve seen anyone’s dip exactly the same!
Tips and tricks for making chili cheese dip:
- Cut your velveeta into chunks before heating, this helps the cheese melt evenly.
- We like to top ours with some diced tomatoes, green onions and cilantro, but top with your favorite toppings if any.
- This can be made in the crockpot as well, just place everything in the basin and cook on low for 1-2 hours.
- If you do make it on a stovetop or microwave to keep warm, place in a crockpot and keep on the warm setting.
If you are looking for the absolute easiest and addictive dip around then you have to make this Chili Cheese Dip and keep it in your recipe box because it will become a favorite!
More of our favorite dip recipes:
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
So what are you waiting for? Run to the pantry, find the ingredients and make this chili cheese dip today!
Chili Cheese Dip
- 16 ounces velveeta cheese , diced into larger pieces
- 15 ounces canned chili with no beans
- ½ cup salsa (we use picante sauce)
- freshly diced tomatoes
- sliced green onions
- In a medium bowl add your velveeta, chili and picante sauce and heat for about 6 minutes, stirring once at the 3 minute mark and then once it’s done.
- Pour into a serving dish and serve with fritos if desired.
- Or place in a small crockpot and keep on warm setting if serving later.