Pilgrim Hat Cookie Recipe
It is amazing how fast Thanksgiving seems to roll around each year. In the midst of trying to make all of the traditional dishes and pies, this year I wanted to make something cute.
No-bake Pilgrim Hat Cookies are a simple, yet cute activity for kids and a wonderful decoration for a dessert tray on Thanksgiving. They require no baking and only 4 ingredients.
If you follow Savory Experiments, you’ll know that I am the worst dessert decorator ever.
Like horrible. So bad, you’d think a baby got ahold of the frosting tube.
To compensate for my lack of artistic ability, I have to come up with other clever ways of making cute desserts. As a food blogger, the pressure is on!
The cute little turkey cupcakes with candy corn feathers were so played out so I was on the hunt for something new. No Bake Pilgrim Hats were just the ticket. Who doesn’t love a no bake cookie?
Fudge Stripe cookies and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups make the body of the cookie and the “hat”. Frosting, cookies n’ creme sprinkles and Reese’s Pieces make these the cutest pilgrim hats you ever did see!
I’m sure our original settlers were just as colorful and festive in their headwear.
I like using Reese’s Pieces because the chocolate and peanut butter flavors just flow, but you can also use candy corn or even cinnamon imperials.
Use leftover Reese’s Pieces to make another festive and easy Thanksgiving cookie, my Corn Cookies.
Make both no-bake Bake Pilgrim Hats and Corn Cookies for a beautifully plated dessert platter or use them as part of your centerpiece or adornment for a cake.
If you like our No-Bake Pilgrim hat Cookies, check out our other Thanksgiving desserts!
If you are looking for even more dessert recipes, snag a copy of my Easy Dessert Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, these easy dessert recipes are ready with less than 30 minutes hands-on time and are sure to please all your family friends. From no-bake to make-ahead, you are sure to find something you love!
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
No-Bake Pilgrim Hat Cookies
- 12 fudge stripe cookies
- 12 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups*
- 1 tube of vanilla frosting
- festive sprinkles or sparkling sugar
- 12 Reese’s Pieces
- Unwrap all of the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and count out your cookies.
- Using a fine writing tip on your tube of frosting, pipe out three circles around the edges of the Reese’s Peanut Butter cup. The goal is for excess to squeeze out slightly to resemble a ribbon around the hat. Don’t put any in the middle because it will drip out through the hole of the cookie.
- Press Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup down on the bottom (chocolate covered side) of the fudge stripe cookie. Allow frosting to seep out slightly.
- Shake sprinkles or sparkling sugar on wet frosting, tapping off excess.
- Dab a bit of frosting on one side of a Reese’s Pieces and attach to the brim to make a buckle.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, please come back and let us know!