This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.
There are two types of people out there: those that use mayo on their grilled cheese and those that use butter. Then there is a third type… the people that do BOTH!
This Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich is stuffed with gooey provolone cheese, crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes and freshly made guacamole, all grilled to perfection on crusty bread.
Regardless of whether you use butter or mayo on your grilled cheese sandwich, I think everyone can agree on one thing: YOU NEED GOOD CHEESE! Ooey, gooey delicious cheese.
Sargento® Slices are 100% Real, Natural Cheese, making them the obvious choice for the best quality grilled cheese sandwich. Pre-sliced, Sargento offers three varieties: Sharp Cheddar, Ultra Thin, and Blends. Any of these (or all three) can be combined to make your ideal gourmet grilled cheese.
My Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich is made of a few ingredients: crusty bread, homemade guacamole, fresh tomato slices, crispy bacon and of course, Sargento Ultra Thin Provolone Cheese Slices.
PRO TIP: For even more flavor, try a spritz of fresh lime juice while assembling.
Sliced super thin, this mild and smoky flavored provolone cheese is the perfect addition to any sandwich or burger. Smooth and tasty, these thin slices are perfect for a grilled cheese. I also highly recommend using multiple flavors of cheese.
Avocado Grilled Cheese tastes great with provolone, but also try shaking it up a bit with Sargento Blends 4 Cheese Southwest Slices or Sargento Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Next… how to make a Guacamole Grilled Cheese. While I am generally a butter gal, for this recipe I used both mayo and butter. Slathering the outside of each slice of bread and then adding two slices of provolone cheese, I got maximum flavor and cheesiness.
PRO TIP: Elevate your sandwich even further by using an artisan bread from the bakery. This was Italian bread laced with roasted garlic!
I used butter to line the skillet, searing on just one side for a nice crust. Almost like making an open face sandwich, leaving the rest of the bread soft.
After crusting your bread and melting the cheese, dollop cool guacamole and juicy tomato slices with crispy bacon. Tighten it up- also known as assemble the sandwich- and you are ready to go!
PRO TIP: Bake your bacon and then cut it into bite-size pieces. They are easier to eat and ensure even bacon coverage opposed to bacon slices.
Here are a few more delicious gourmet grilled cheese recipes to check out:
- Pesto Grilled Cheese
- Pear, Bacon and Fig Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Cheese Sticks
- Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese
- Greek Cheese Melt
Visit sargento.com for even more delicious, cheesy recipes!
Guacamole Grilled Cheese
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat, melt ½ of butter in skillet and swirl to coat.
- Top each (un mayo-epiece of bread with two slices of Sargento provolone cheese.
- Working in batches, add two slices of bread, mayo side down, to the skillet. Cover and grill for 1-2 minutes, or until bread is crispy and browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove from skillet, top with ½ of guacamole, tomato slices and bacon.
- Top with other piece of cheesy bread, serve.
- Repeat with remaining two slices of bread.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!