What’s better than delicious soft sugar cookies?
Soft, delicious chocolate sugar cookies topped with icing and sprinkles! You definitely won’t be able to eat just one of these, so grab a glass of milk and take two.
Halloween Cookie Recipe
I keep saying that Halloween isn’t my favorite holiday and that I don’t usually spend much time making Halloween desserts…and yet this year I just keep making Halloween desserts because Halloween Treats week has me do darn excited!
These cookies are the third Halloween themed dessert I’ve made this year and I actually even have a few more planned. For someone who claims not to enjoy the holiday, that’s a lot of black and orange desserts! Although I also think neon green and purple should be included in the mix.
Chocolate Sugar Cookies
These Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies are just SO good, though. And so easy! I was able to make an entire batch during nap time, which is my new measure of how quick and easy a recipe truly is.
Like the majority of my Halloween desserts, these chocolate sugar cookies are Halloween-themed based primarily on the colors. No creepy witch fingernail cookies here!
Instead, I took my favorite soft sugar cookie recipe, made a few adjustments to turn it into an absolutely incredible CHOCOLATE sugar cookies recipe, and went crazy showing my Halloween spirit with colorful sprinkles thanks to Sweets & Treats.
I know black and orange are the most traditional Halloween colors but I’m really starting to love purple and green as Halloween colors too, at least it adds some variety.
If you love soft sugar cookies, you’ll love these Halloween cookies. Chocolate sugar cookies may just be my new favorite type of cookie, as they’re basically the best of both worlds.
Sweet, chewy, and chocolatey. Add some cookie icing and sprinkles….these Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies were made for dunking!
If you serve these at a Halloween party, I can promise they’ll be the first dessert to go!
You’ll probably like these other easy Halloween desserts:
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- n a medium mixing bowl, sift together cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and fine sea salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar with a mixer until fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla, blending until mixed.
- Slowly add dry mixture until dough forms.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 36 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an insulated baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Baking for 9-11 minutes and remove right before they look cooked.
- Cool for 10 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- When fully cool, drizzle one edge with cookie icing and sprinkle with your favorite festive sprinkles while still tacky.
- Place on a piece of parchment paper until icing has hardened.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Ghostly Sweet and Salty Snack Mix from Big Bear’s Wife
- Donut Monsters from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Brownie Bottom Candy Explosion Cheesecake from I am a Honey Bee
- Sugar Cookie Coffins from Love and Confections
- Little Monsters Halloween Mocktails from 4 Sons R Us
- Reeses Halloween Cookie Bars from A Blender Mom
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Paranormal Parfaits from Eat Move Make
- Easy Day of the Dead Cake from Pint Sized Baker
- Buttercream Bat Wing Cupcakes from Kudos Kitchen
- Vanishing Candy Corn Cocktails from The Baking Fairy
- Wicked Zombie Trifle from Who Needs A Cape?
- Monster Party Halloween Cupcakes from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Candy Corn Vodka Truffles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Mash Piñata Cupcakes from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Frankenstein Crispy Cereal Treats from The Redhead Baker
- Graveyard Pudding from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Easy Caramel Apples from Katie’s Cucina
- Bag of Bones Scary Snacks from For the Love of Food