What’s better than delicious soft sugar cookies? Soft, delicious chocolate sugar cookies topped with icing and sprinkles! You definitely won’t be able to eat just one of these, so grab a glass of milk and take two.
These easy to make Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies are chewy and soft with delicious flavor, cookie icing and festive sprinkles!
I keep saying that Halloween isn’t my favorite holiday and that I don’t usually spend much time making Halloween desserts…and yet this year I just keep making Halloween desserts because Halloween Treats week has me do darn excited!
These Halloween cookies are the third Halloween themed dessert I’ve made this year and I actually even have a few more planned. For someone who claims not to enjoy Halloween, that’s a lot of Halloween desserts!
These Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies are just SO good, though. And so easy! I was able to make an entire batch during nap time, which is my new measure of how quick and easy a recipe truly is.
Like the majority of my Halloween desserts, these chocolate sugar cookies are Halloween-themed based primarily on the colors. No creepy witch fingernail cookies here!
Instead, I took my favorite soft sugar cookie recipe, made a few adjustments to turn it into an absolutely incredible CHOCOLATE sugar cookies recipe, and went crazy showing my Halloween spirit with colorful sprinkles thanks to Sweets & Treats.
I know black and orange are the most traditional Halloween colors but I’m really starting to love purple and green as Halloween colors too, at least it adds some variety.
If you love soft sugar cookies, you’ll love these Halloween cookies. Chocolate sugar cookies may just be my new favorite type of cookie, as they’re basically the best of both worlds.
Sweet, chewy, and chocolatey. Add some cookie icing and sprinkles….these Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies were made for dunking!
If you serve these at a Halloween party, I can promise they’ll be the first dessert to go!
Since you like these Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies, you’ll probably like these other easy Halloween desserts:
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- cookie icing
- festive Halloween sprinkles
- n a medium mixing bowl, sift together cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and fine sea salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar with a mixer until fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla, blending until mixed.
- Slowly add dry mixture until dough forms.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 36 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an insulated baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Baking for 9-11 minutes and remove right before they look cooked.
- Cool for 10 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- When fully cool, drizzle one edge with cookie icing and sprinkle with your favorite festive sprinkles while still tacky.
- Place on a piece of parchment paper until icing has hardened.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate and More.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Ghostly Sweet and Salty Snack Mix from Big Bear’s Wife
- Donut Monsters from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Brownie Bottom Candy Explosion Cheesecake from I am a Honey Bee
- Sugar Cookie Coffins from Love and Confections
- Little Monsters Halloween Mocktails from 4 Sons R Us
- Reeses Halloween Cookie Bars from A Blender Mom
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Paranormal Parfaits from Eat Move Make
- Easy Day of the Dead Cake from Pint Sized Baker
- Buttercream Bat Wing Cupcakes from Kudos Kitchen
- Vanishing Candy Corn Cocktails from The Baking Fairy
- Wicked Zombie Trifle from Who Needs A Cape?
- Monster Party Halloween Cupcakes from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Candy Corn Vodka Truffles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ghost Cupcakes from Mildly Meandering
- Monster Mash Piñata Cupcakes from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Frankenstein Crispy Cereal Treats from The Redhead Baker
- Graveyard Pudding from The Beard and The Baker
- Day of the Dead Black Buttercream Cake from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Easy Caramel Apples from Katie’s Cucina
- Bag of Bones Scary Snacks from For the Love of Food
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.