This Chocolate Bacon Saltine Toffee recipe is so good it’ll become an addiction in your house! The perfect combination of salty and sweet is so satisfying, there isn’t much more you could you hope for!
Chocolate Bacon Saltine Toffee is made up of crackers, bacon, and chocolate! So delicious, easy to make and the perfect addition to any holiday cookie tray!
Bacon makes everything better. Right? I sure think so and one of the newest food trends is using bacon in sweet dishes, like Chocolate Bacon Saltine Toffee!
Traditional, old school saltine cracker toffee, but with a little added extra, including maple syrup!
I know, at first you have to wrap your head around it. Sounds a little wonky, but the salty, sweet and chewy nature of bacon makes for an excellent dessert!
Before starting, plan to make 2-3 batches. I promise, you will be grateful you did. While you can certainly use saltine crackers, like in the most traditional quick toffee recipes, I like using Ritz Crackers.
They are buttery AND salty, making this classic treat even more decadent.
Make sure you PIN Chocolate Bacon Saltine Toffee!
The only issue is that the round shape makes them a little more challenging to fit nicely into the pan and I am totally OCD, so I break a few into smaller pieces to fill in the gaps.
Make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom for 6 more outrageous chocolate recipes!
If you liked this Christmas crack recipe, check out these other easy toffee recipes:
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Chocolate Bacon Saltine Toffee
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, carefully folding the edges so you can easily lay the crackers flat.
- Line baking dish with crackers.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter, brown sugar and maple syrup over medium heat, stirring frequently until fully combined and smooth. Do not boil. Pour over crackers, top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Melt both white chocolate and milk chocolate in plastic candy bags. Snip ends and drizzle over bacon. Place in the refrigerator until hardened. Remove parchment paper and cut into squares.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Check out all the other delicious CHOCOLATE recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Chocolate Challenge.
- Chocolate Bacon Saltine Toffee by Savory Experiments
- Kahlua Chocolate Truffles by The Kitchen is My Playground
- Turtle Shortbread Bars by Num’s the Word
- Snickers Chocolate Cheesecake by Blessed Beyond Crazy
- Mexican Mocha by Life Currents
- Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Walnut Shortbread by Hot Eats and Cool Reads