How many ingredients do you need for a batch of no bake cookies? For these Butterscotch Cookies, you only need 3! I don’t think I’ve made cookies this easy before.
Butterscotch Cookies are a simple, 3 ingredient no bake cookies recipe made with cornflakes, peanut butter, and, you guessed it, butterscotch chips. Quick, easy and delicious!
Butterscotch No Bake Cookies are similar to the Easter favorite, Haystack cookies. They use a mixture of butterscotch cups and peanut butter to make a buttery candy crust over Corn Flakes cereal instead of chow mein noodles.
While I kept this batch free of nuts except for the peanut butter, you can always add in a 1/2 cup of peanuts or even mini marshmallows. If I’m making a batch of these for a crowd, I will sometimes split the batch between plain Butterscotch Cookies and those with a topping.
We’re entering the time of year for cookie exchanges and though I typically like to make more detailed, this butterscotch cookie recipe is a great option for those weeks when there’s just not enough hours in the day. And, honestly, since becoming a mom, those weeks happen far more often than not.
I think that’s okay though because these Butterscotch No Bake Cookies are a true delight and nice alternative to sweet, dough-based cookies. They’re crunchy, peanut-buttery and delicious.
If you like these Butterscotch No Bake Cookies, you may like these other no bake cookie recipes:
If you are looking for even more dessert recipes, snag a copy of my Easy Dessert Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, these easy dessert recipes are ready with less than 30 minutes hands-on time and are sure to please all your family friends. From no-bake to make-ahead, you are sure to find something you love!
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups Corn Flakes cereal
- In a medium saucepan, melt butterscotch chips and creamy peanut butter until fully incorporated.
- Place Corn Flakes cereal in a large mixing bowl. Try to use one larger than you think you need.
- Pour butterscotch sauce over corn flakes and toss to coat.
- Spoon 2 inch cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until hard.
- Store chilled or at room temperture for up to a week.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it went!