While Christmas is the most joyful time of year, it can also be the most stressful. I’m introducing you to my secret weapon: Dark Chocolate Almond Cream Cheese Cups. Sophisticated flavors and impressive presentation made in 15 minutes with no baking! In addition to this fabulously simple recipe, I’d like to welcome to Day 1 of Christmas Week!
This annual event was started in 2012, and is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter! Say hello to all the fabulous bloggers participating!
- 1 8-ounce bag dark cocoa Candy Melts
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Milk (depending on consistency)
- Holiday sprinkles
- Cooking spray
- 12 mini muffin liners
- 3 microwave safe pastry piping bags
- Line 12 mini muffin tins with liners and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Fill a microwave safe pastry bag with half of the dark cocoa candy melts and microwave for 1 minute. Knead and continue to microwave until smooth.
- Snip the end and pipe into the bottom of mini muffin tins, about ¼ of the way up. Tap tin to even out and place in the refrigerator.
- Whip cream cheese until light and fluffy, add powdered sugar and almond extract. Add milk, as needed, until shiny and smooth. Load into a pastry bag and snip the end.
- Pipe into the center of each chocolate center, being careful to not touch the edges and allow for the last chocolate layer to engulf cream cheese filling.
- Load the remaining dark cocoa chips into a clean pastry bag and follow the same microwave instructions. Pipe around cream cheese filling and over top to encase. Tap to release air bubbles. Top with holiday sprinkles while chocolate it still hot and then place in refrigerator until set, about 5 minutes.
Recipes from Day 1 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
Pistachio Brittle from Cravings of a Lunatic
Coconut Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake from Desserts Required
Peppermint Bark from Poet in the Pantry
Eggnog Pound Cake from The Redhead Baker
Quince, Cranberry and Persimmon Crisps from Pineapple and Coconut
Chocolate Fruit ‘n Nut Bites from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Fancy Chocolate Covered Marshallows from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
Marzipan Fruits from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
Eggnog Truffles from Crumb: A Food Blog
Peppermint Fudge from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes from Amee’s Savory Dish
Gingerbread Cake with Orange Cream Glaze from Comfortably Domestic
Christmas Sweets and Treats from Food Done Light
Spiked Hot Cocoa Gift Mix from Farm Fresh Feasts
Chanukah Olive Oil Cookies from Mother Would Know
Coconut Pralines from Food Lust People Love
Blueberry Overnight Sweet Rolls from My Catholic Kitchen
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies from Daily Appetite
Chocolate Dipped Gingersnaps from Try Anything Once Culinary
Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Dark Chocolate Almond Cheesecake Cups from Savory Experiments
Bourbon Soaked Eggnog Cake from Cooking In Stilettos
Ginger Snap Cocktail from Food Babbles
Coquito Cinnamon Roll Bundt from Mind Over Batter
No-Bake Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Easy White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge from Big Bear’s Wife
Easy Cream Cheese Cookies from Everyday Southwest
Gingerbread Cookie Bars from From Gate to Plate
Molasses Ginger Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Apricot Spice Biscotti from Savoring Italy
Caramel Bacon Bark from Dixie Chik Cooks
Gluten Free Chocolate Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies from The Tomato Tart
Easy Macadamia Cashew Brittle from Aloha Flavor
Mini Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Crack aka Chocolate Saltine Toffee from Cravings of a Lunatic
Caramel and Chocolate Fudge from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Cranberry Bliss White Chocolate Bark from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls from Food Done Light
Maple Doodles from Farm Fresh Feasts
Blue & White Christmas Bark from Flour On My Face
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Spiced Pear and Cranberry Coffee Cake from From Gate to Plate
Cranberry Cake with Orange Glaze from Lauren Kelly Nutrition